“2 star hotel prized as 5 star”
Review of Hotel CCT

Hotel CCT
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed 2 December 2011

don't expect this hotel to be fancy. I can start by saying that the location of this hotel is one of the best in the city of Caracas. the facility is literary on top of one of Caracas' most popular shopping centers (CCCT) and nearby other important places such as the neighborhood of "Las Mercedes" where you can find fancy shopping and dining.

being Venezuela a 3rd world country, for people coming from abroad, things are expensive there; that includes dinning, hotels among others but when you pay a high price for a service, you expect the best (which is true for most cases in Caracas). the Best Western in Caracas is the exception. the room rates are very high and you get back very little. to start with:
- The service in the front desk: although the people are very friendly and willing to help, they are understaffed making it difficult to just ask a question or get a breakfast voucher.
- Internet Connection: it is offered free of charge but you have to request a wireless router from the front desk to be installed in your room. if they don’t have any then you might be lucky enough to be close by one from another room. in my case, I spent two days without internet since they didn’t have any routers and nobody nearby had one neither.
- Breakfast: although it has improved since last time I was there, the service is too slow and the food is a bit too cold for my taste.
In the room:
- There was a coffee machine and no coffee
- The floor was sticky
- The bathroom was a mess:
o The glass separation between the shower and the bathroom was dirty (picture attached)
o The entrance to the bathroom was “under construction” (picture attached)
o Not enough towels. I asked for more and the cleaning lady said that they didn’t have enough for all the rooms.

Room Tip: don't go there. unless you don't mind paying $400 and get the feeling of $50
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I do not think BW CCT is a safe place. Somebody tried to brake into my room at midnight. A knock came on the door, then it was unlocked, Thanks to a catch he could not enter my room thought he tried to break in. I was scared to death, a few sec passed before I could cry Who is there? No answer.
When i recovered from the shock I came down to ask for help, a huge male staff working the nightshift sad he had a Discrepancy (in the documents. Ha ha ha he sad. ??
Besides that incident: the room window opened onto a room which can be accessed from outside so that anybody can easily step into your room!
Access to the hotel is through a 4-level unlit parking (there is no other way to get to the hotel). Once you made it through the parking there is still a very busy highway to cross and again you have to take several narrow dirty unpleasant walkways and stairs to cross it. From there subway station is 10 min by bus.

I strongly recommend you to book accomodation in Altamira - nice and safe area with a park, cafes, and subway station, several hotels.

Room Tip: avoid floor 1 (rooms can be accessed from the street through the window), book minisuites at high fl...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Zazix
Reviewed 4 September 2010

First-time in Caracas for a three-night visit, we went for the sure thing and stayed at this Best Western. It met our needs: inside a shopping mall that had everything, (including massaje) and good restaurants and late night pubs and casino, with Taxis plentiful outside the door. Hotel rooms were spacious as was pool and fitness center. Internet in room included -- just get modem at reception. Nothing elegant or glamorous here, just functional hostelry. Breakfast was a little weak though. For payment: pay cash on arrival after you have done your dollar to bolivar conversion at the airport, as hotel cambio at official rate only. note: room rate steeply discounted on weekends. guest visits permitted, no joiner fees.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paubranco
Reviewed 9 May 2008

I always check reviews on TripAdvisor before making travel arrangements, and when I had to spend a few days in Caracas this month, I followed the advice from the review in 2007 entitled, "Best Hotel Yet" and booked a room at the Best Western Caracas CCT. Unless something dramatically changed over the last 12 months, I strongly disagree with that review and urge would-be travelers to go elsewhere. At $345 USD per night, I expected to find a top-notch business hotel. Instead, I had a room that was sparsely furnished and smelled of mildew; the water from the bathroom sink was brown; the wireless internet connection did not work; there was no key to the mini-bar in the room; there was no room-service menu; and last but not least, there is constant traffic noise because the hotel is located at the intersection of two double-decker highways plus several other busy streets. I wrote a list of the items wrong with my room and gave it to the Front Desk receptionist; only one problem was corrected (I received a key to the mini-bar).

At the rate I was paying, I found this completely unacceptable and moved to another hotel in Caracas - the Tamanaco InterContinental - and had a completely opposite experience. For about $100 less per night, I had a cosy & clean room, wireless service that worked, attentive hotel staff and excellent restaurant selections onsite (pricey, though). Some parts of the hotel show a little wear-and-tear, but for anyone traveling to Caracas on business, the Tamanaco InterContinental is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SFblondster
Reviewed 8 June 2007

I stayed at the Best Western CCT in November of 2006.

I was in Caracas on business and I do not speak a word of Spanish. The hotel staff did an outstanding of contending with my inability to communicate in their language.

The service was very friendly and very responsive to my needs.

I visited a cafe near the hotel. When the waiter couldn't take my order, he went to the hotel and got the manager to come to the cafe to translate for me. I asked for a shrimp dish. The waiter left and returned to inform the hotel manager that they were out of shrimp and asked what I would like for a second choice. With my meal, they provide a bottle of wine because I was inconvenienced. On the contrary, it was me that inconvenienced them.

The rooms were comfortable and well kept. The view from the hotel window was beautiful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Caracas.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TIGMAN