“Dinner for two ”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Dinner: delicious! The menu is fun!
We had chicken: CRISTO (Alfa y Omega) & beef: GOTICOS (Arte, Dios y Luz).
Both accompanied with mashed potato and grilled vegetable.

Dessert: Cappuccino Brandy ☕️
Service: Excellent!
Ambiance: Medieval Catholic theme, the waiter dress like medieval time priest.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Not sure what was more painful at La Abadia, listening to Gregorian chanted versions of Phil Collins, REM and Ultravox or the service. Everything, it appeared, was too much trouble for our monked up waiter who patently hated his job. I don't think the chef liked his job much either. When the food eventually arrived it was very disappointing. A nun to fun dining experience..
Avoid

Reviewed 17 August 2015

I visited the restaurant La Abadia for dinner. The place looks like a monastery and the waiters are dressed accordingly. We choose plates from the specialties of the restaurant and some pasta. Everything was very well cooked and the price we paid was very cheap (about $ 6 for two persons including the drinks).

Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

I went to Abadia for dinner because it was close to my posada and had good reviews. To be honest, I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I might. I arrived for dinner around 7:30 on a Saturday night (a little early by Venezuelan standards) and the place was EMPTY except for the staff, which I had to track down. I ordered a drink and a pizza (the only food on the menu, with limited topping options), and took in my surroundings. The theme of the restaurant is like an old abbey, and the waiter threw on a monk-like costume before taking my order. The reggae music definitely threw off the ambiance, but I guess you could say the real cobwebs contributed to the theme... The food came relatively quickly, and was more than enough for me (I ordered a medium pizza). The pizza itself was pretty good by Venezuelan standards; Thicker softer crust than you often find here which I enjoyed. The server wasn't overly friendly, but I suppose they don't see a lot of solo travelers here. Overall I didn't have a bad experience, but I expected better based on others reviews. I haven't been to many other restaurants in Merida, but I can't imagine this is the "best in Merida" as others have claimed.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

THE PLACE ,THE FOOD, THE PICE.
In the upper Merida,peaceful place. Nice music and patios.
Nice music . If you are staying at Posada Casa Sol you ca walk there. If you are fare away you must go by taxi.