“Trip to Wasaga Beach, Ontario”
Review of Wasaga Beach

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Mississauga
21 helpful votes
“Trip to Wasaga Beach, Ontario”
Reviewed 6 August 2008

Visited Wasaga Beach, Ontario with my kids (5 and 7) on Aug 1 and Aug 3, 2008. I was pleasantly surprised when we drove up to the beach car parking at Beach #3. The water was cleaner than when my previous visit in 1995. It has improved alot.

Positive Side . .

1. Beach in located in Ontario! Nice. We can go swimming any time we want. Don't have to fly south to Cuba or Florida.
2. Only an hour and half drive from Toronto on a good day.
3. My kids and I loved it.

Needs improving . . .
1. Only 1 washroom, per beach, for thousands of visitors per day! Not cleaned regularly, although visitors pay a decent amount for parking and beach access.
2. My kids and I ended up getting skin rashes and itchy skin the day after. Although we showered when we got back from the beach. I still have the rashes.
3. Parking is very limited on weekends. Took us an hour an half to get in the parking lot. Mind you the parking was expensive. Around $14 weekdays and $17.50 weekends, per day.
4. Took us 3 and 1/2 hours on Sunday Aug 3 to reach Wasaga beach from Toronto. Highway 400 was very slow.
5. Took us 4 hours to get back to Toronto on Sunday Aug 3 evening. There are only 2 narrow exit roads out of the beach area. Namely Mosley Street.
6. No beach patrol on Beach # 3, for those who have kids. It seems that the local Govt. wants the money from you but aren't willing to re-invest the money on essentials.
7. No good hotels. Only motels, poorly constructed cottages and horrible little sheds called cabins. Compared to other countries like Cuba, Barbados, US, the accomodations are lacking and poor. Not much going on at night.

Overall . . .
I am happy that we have a beach resort close to Toronto. Will visit again on a Sunny day. Please voice your concerns with local authorities to improve situations. Request everyone to pick up all your litter and dispose properly to keep the beaches clean please. Thank you.

1 Thank computermech
Ontario, Canada
59 helpful votes
“WOW - What a Beach!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Wow - Did not expect such a beautiful beach. Water was clear, warm, no algia or bad smell - huge - just fantastic. Stayed at the Lake Breeze Motel at Beach 3 on Mosley St. Quite nice and only 2 min walk to beach. Would stay there again. Ate at Pizza Dee's, Mosley Grille, Georgian Circle restaurants - all excellent. A very cozy community with the nicest, friendliest people. Very relaxing vacation. Beach 1 is great with all the shops and people and can be very busy and hard to get around. With six beach areas there is plenty of room for everyone. It is quieter away from Beach 1 and the beach is just as wonderful no matter which area you choose. Lot's of different accommodations to choose from too. Definitely going back next year.

Been to Wasaga Beach? Share your experiences!