See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This was not the best motel I've ever stayed at. It was basically just what you needed for a beach vacation. Beds, a TV, a mini fridge, a tiny bathroom. I wouldn't have wanted to stay much longer than the 4 days we did. However, it was all we really needed. Me and my mom are not super picky and it was adequate for our needs. We saw no bugs or anything particularly gross. The big thing though is that the location was GREAT, super close to the main beach and the big strip in town. We never wanted to drive in, and this was perfect for that. It was right across from the big Boston Pizza, Swiss Chalet, Timmies and Walmart. TL;DR not amazing, but not terrible, well-located.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melmody
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The rate was cheap but the room was awful! The room needed severe updating and repairs. No soap in the bathroom. The comforter on the bed looked about 20 years old and the floor moved when you walked on it. On an upside the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Stayed last of August. Clean rooms, great staff....close to every-thing including a beautiful beach. Rates more reasonable than other motels nearby. Family and pet friendly will be staying again next year. Open all year round.

Room Tip: All rooms different style. Some have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

1) it was really annoying how the check in time was at 3/4pm, we finished at the beach at around 2 & we just wanted to go to the hotel and rest before dinner, and the fact that check out time was 10am was just mind blowing, it doesn't take that long to clean a room that size, plus and it wasn't even that clean so what could've taken it that long?
2) the doors didn't stay closed, every time we would shut the door to go to the bathroom or just going out side for a minute the doors would open back up, so basically the whole hotel was outdated, they need new doors, new beds etc. The newest thing in there was the mini fridge. And I stayed as far away as possible from the shower, it looked disgusting I refused to step one foot in there.
3) by the time we were ready for bed we were already uncomfortable with the idea of sleeping in there because we were already disgusted by the whole room, my friend and I pulled down the sheets and to our surprise spiders came crawling out of the sheets & that was only the first layer of sheets, we honestly didn't want to know what was under the second layer, I was ready to go sleep in the car, thank god we brought extra blankets, all night we tossed and turned because the beds were soooo uncomfortable.

So to say the least I will definitely not be returning next time I visit wasaga.
Unfortunately I can't say anything about the staff because I never talked to any of them, actually to be honest I never really saw any staff...
My friends were really disappointed and really wanted to leave asap the next morning.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erin P
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

How can does this place stay open is beyond me.
The place is not only outdated but dirty and moldy. The rooms smells like humidity and are horribly damped. The carpet is so humid we kept our shoes on.
I am not a fancy person, but at the price they charge the minimum i'm asking for is a clean and decent place.
The shower was full of mildew. I showered with flip flops.
Only positive point is the very friendly staff.
We book for 3 nights but left after 2. We couldnt stand it one more night.
I got a room at a Hotel in downtown Toronto for much cheaper than we had to pay there.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family