“Do not order the pancakes”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #20 of 78 Restaurants in Wasaga Beach
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Breakfast on a Sunday morning is my favorite time for pancakes. We visited with friends and the others ordered variations on eggs, bacon and potatoes, I ordered pancakes. Big mistake as they were probably the worst pancakes that I have tried, and I eat a lot of pancakes. They were more like leather than fluffy batter and I just could not eat them. The blueberries were nice and sweet, but that is all that I could be positive about. On the positive side the others enjoyed their breakfasts. If we ever return it will not be for the pancakes. Very, very disappointing.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stopped in on a busy Saturday morning and had a good breakfast. They were hopping but food came quickly.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We attended this establishment on a busy Sunday. I don't mind waiting for food when it's busy. We were seated right away which was great. Ordered the Club Sandwich and I asked for French fries - which the server told me it already came with. Received my order approximately 20 minutes later, which was fine. The 'fries' were overcooked boiled potato chunks that were so grainy and not fresh, obviously sitting there all morning. The club sandwich was missing the bacon, which the server did bring us a plate of bacon to add to our sandwiches. The chicken was warm on the outside cold on the inside, the tomato was rotten and lettuce was brown. It was terrible. When we attempted to complain the server who did we had to flag down to finally get her attention that we had no bacon didn't even apologize just said oh that's weird. I heard that the food was great here, but have never had breakfast. I tried again to let the cashier know I was not happy with my meal and she just looked at me and said, oh then asked if I was paying debit or cash. Maybe this was a one time error, but I will not attempt to find out as I will not be back. Pretty disappointed. Paid my full bill and left.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

When we ordered we were told there was no white bread. Ordered our meal and drinks. Took 50 mins for us to get our meal. Never came to top up our coffee. The creamer container was full of empty creamers. Food was Luke warm at best. Sunny side up eggs were way over cooked. When we mentioned our complaints to the server,she just shrugged her shoulders and said we have been busy for the last four days. She was disinterested and very unfriendly.

1  Thank AngieW1180
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Great spot for breakfast, we keep going back :) portions are large and service is fast and friendly!