See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I read a review from 2011 and couldn’t believe how similar it was to my stay! (See pic).

If you are going to Wasaga with friends who anticipate walking back and forth from the beach because of how wonderfully close it is to this place, make sure you do so before 9pm! The moment the owners get word that you are a group larger than 3, be prepared to be stalked, harassed, and accused for sneaking in guests! And when we tried to explain that no, we are not sneaking people in, we were yelled at all weekend... literally YELLED at! We were told “SHUT THE F*** UP!” on one occasion...

We were accused of sneaking people in based on the number of vehicles we had over the weekend (we were 8 girls sharing 2 rooms with 5 cars coming from Ottawa, Montreal, Sudbury and London).

When we would sit on our porch and talk with our neighbours and would be told to go inside or go to the beach. It was a very uncomfortable stay, with the owner hiring security just to watch our door.... after she tried to burst into our room and we did not let her.

The morning we left we were accused of leaving the room a “mess” because we had tied up garbage bags by the door, left un-made beds, and had some sand on the ground. This was communicated to us by the owner’s husband who was in the midst of cleaning up broken glass in another room ...

Needless to say, the location is prime but not worth the hassle. We were charged 3 extra transactions of $100, $50 and $50 two days after our stay without notification or receipt indicating why. Currently in dispute with Credit Card Company.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank littlebritney89
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

WARNING: they overcharge you!!! Watch your credit cards if you book this place! This was the worst experience I've ever had with any place I've ever stayed. We were woken up to banging at the door by the older lady who owns the place on the first morning at 8 am. The staff was absolutely unreasonable and disrespectful the whole time that I stayed here. They charged my visa 200$ in extra charges after departure and when I called to ask about it the woman was completely unprofessional and yelled at me saying that there was sand by the door (which was from our sandles because we went back and fourth from the beach) as well as because she claims we had extra people in our room- Which we absolutely did not, AT ANYTIME exceed the amount of 4 people sleeping in one room. However we did make friends with the people beside us staying in the next room so I don't know if she thinks that they were with us? But we just met them that day and didn't even know who they were, we were just being friendly and talking to them. She never addressed any concern about extra people until I called to ask why the charges were on my visa and had she did address this concern I could have proved it and showed her that we really don't know who they are. She yelled at me on the phone and basically told me to deal with it and then hung up on me. The man who was there (her husband) was also extremely rude and unprofessional telling one girl in our group to "shut the f*** up" when she was simply asking him a question about a concern she had. The rooms were dirty as well, under the coffee tables and in the shower were visibly dirty upon arrival. The blankets were not comfy either, very thin and old. Beds were hard and uncomfortable and staff was MISERABLE!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great spot that is very close to the beach. Nothing fancy but we are usually barely in the room anyway. Has a pool and nice patio with bbq for guests. The beach is literally one minute walk away. We stay here whenever we go to Wasaga beach. Can get busy during long weekends but have always been able to get a room. Love our summer getaways here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

It really is just steps away from the world famous beach. They have their own passway direct to the beach. The rooms are large, comfortable & very clean. Donna the owner, is very friendly & helpful. She runs a great place!

Room Tip: Choose new wing 2nd story for best views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The only thing great about this place is the location!
Everything looked old and grungy. Decided to stay overnight anyway and as we always bring our own bedding. The next morning, I dropped something on the bathroom floor and as I bent over to pick it up I noticed about an inch of black 'crap' under the toilet bowl rim! Omg! We couldn't get out of there fast enough! We were appalled and disgusted! Never again will we stay there!!

Room Tip: There was no regular housekeeping crew. Owner cleaned rooms by herself. Was in and out in 10 mins.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple