“Delicious Mennonite food.”

Cuisines: Russian
Description: Traditional Russian Mennonite food
Description: Traditional Russian Mennonite food
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Loved the food and you get lots. Had the dinner with noodles. My husband had the perogies which included dessert which we shared. Everything was good. It was Pioneer Days so it was busy and somewhat noisy. The workers were very friendly.

1  Thank Debbie495

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have never been a big fan of wurst but the Livery Barn nearly changed my mind single-handedly. They have easily the best wurst I have ever eaten in my life. This is true old-fashioned continental European food of an unusual type, so I decided to have the sampler platter and it was well worth it. Every item was distinct and well-prepared. There's also a kids' menu for those with less adventurous palates. Located right in the center of the Mennonite Heritage Village in Steinbach, it's perfect for a quick stop in the middle of your tour, especially in the summer as it's the only building besides the main museum that's air-conditioned. Service could be slightly better but it's a minor quibble.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

amazing place!
tasty food!!!
The kitchen of the restaurant is open, so you can see how they prepare the food. In my opinion today it is really important to know that the food is healthy and fresh.
The taste of the food left me wanting to go back and forth and more and more!
The price is reasonable, not expensive but also not cheap in my opinion the price of origin which is good
I am happy that such a place earns money and does not spare people food
There are loads and lots of food served!

1  Thank Dora A
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We come here at least once (sometimes twice) a summer for the Sunday lunch buffet - basically for the Mennonite perogies. We absolutely love it every time we come and always leave feeling stuffed.

My kids are not all a fan of the gravy (I know - crazy!) and they are always willing to make up a batch of perogies without the gravy.

Only suggestion would be that coffee/tea/iced tea be included in the price.

1  Thank Tammy R
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Just bring your own food or eat before visiting.

Overpriced restaurant with uninteresting food served by grumpy-looking, college age ladies. The buffet consisted of bland and cold dishes, none of which taste or look like traditional local food. The place itself was infested by insects that give a stinging bite. Visitors have to step outside the restaurant, about 150 meters away, for restrooms.

1  Thank gboi77