All reviews course taster menu the river caer beris manor beautiful grounds groupon deal dog friendly hotel suspension bridge four poster bed lovely hotel eggs benedict the ground floor bar menu full welsh lovely setting birthday treat evening meal lovely break
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Arrived at the hotel which looked really nice, the grounds leading to the river all good. The reception area and entrance in fact all the downstairs was really nice and the staff were very helpful.

We were taken to our room which was really lovely but it had a double bed when I had telephoned the night before and been assured that it would be a twin. Profuse apolgies and we were shown a twin bedded room which was not nearly as nice as the first one.but we accepted. I sat down on the sofa with a coffee only to see nail clippings on the carpet not one or two but someone had cut all their nails.

Obviously went to see Manager and again profuse apologies and offered a free glass of wine whilst they sorted another room for us. They gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The suite was large with two double beds and a lovely seating area with views across the gardens.

I thought I would have a soak in the bath after all the travelling only to find that although it was al lovely free standing claw foot bath it needed re-anameling as all around the plug hole was rusted and the sides of the bath had water stains.

We had agreed to eat at the hotel and did so with a hope of a decent meal. I had portk which was really good but my friend had a steak which she wasnt very happy with. We eat the food and didnt complain we just wanted a good nights sleep and to leave.

The breakfast the next morning was excellent.

Room Tip: Double room 27 was lovely
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the caer Beris in November because we were going to the winter fair in the show ground with our son and his family’. We had been about 4 years ago and didn’t like as it was dirty but we weren’t disappointed this time. The hotel has been upgraded the decoration down stairs and the bedrooms were immaculate. The food in the restaurant was outstanding and the staff were very helpful especially to the needs of our 6 month old grandson. We will definitely use it again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BIDDYandTESS
Reviewed 19 November 2017

First time visit last week for a meal. Staff and service are excellent; you are made to feel valued from the time you walk through the door.
However, the log fire was left to go out despite us asking them to put another log on to burn.
Also, our choice to eat in the restaurant area was misjudged due to there being a very noisy male only party making a lot of noise. They were drowned out though by the constant chatter coming through the speakers from what we assumed was Radio 5 live. Not exactly our preference; maybe that of the kitchen staff?
The food was nice and served on piping hot plates but maybe too much emphasis was placed on the chef having trained at a Michelin starred restaurant. We all agreed that this restaurant is attempting to be something it isn't and that for the area, people much prefer traditional meals rather than the somewhat fancy nuveau cuisine. I want to give a good review but I am struggling somewhat. For example, on the short walk to the toilets, I passed a very wet area of carpet from a clearly leaking pipe. You also have full sight of the kitchen (because the door was wide open) where food and bits on the floor had been swept and left. I just feel that the price does not reflect the experience although the chef is clearly very talented and any critical points are in no way a reflection of his talent nor the friendliness of the staff who are a credit to the hotel. It just needs a bit of attention.
I'm sorry if this all sounds negative but we feel it is a true reflection of our visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed the night on their November special offer which was incredible value for money. This included the 7 course taster menu which was just amazing. The flavours of every course were exceptional. Breakfast next morning was also very good. The room was spacious but more importantly dog friendly. The beds could have been a little more comfortable but a small price to pay! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and will certainly be making another return visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We visited here for an evening meal whilst staying nearby.

The food was delicious and very quick to be served. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming.
The two staff members we dealt with were lovely and extremely helpful.

Would visit again if in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple