“Another great stay”

Caer Beris Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Builth Wells
Reviewed 18 June 2016

After a lifetime of travelling the world for both work and pleasure, I find one of my favourite hotels just over the border, in Mid Wales. I have now stayed several times both with my wife and as part of a group. This time we were a couple and stayed whilst an Aston Martin club were also present. I have also stayed with the Wye and Usk (fishing) Foundation. The hotel does such events so well.

Very comfortable hotel with a 'country house' feel. Great local food. Interesting grounds with the river Irfon flowing through and free fishing for me. Hooked 5 and landed 3 trout - safely returned. Good value too.

I love Mid Wales - splendid landscapes and places of interest - some well known (Hay-on- Wye/Elan Valley/Brecons) but many less known 'hidden gems'). Good roads too and every approach provides rolling landscapes - forget the motorways!

I can't wait for the Foundation's autumn excursion and another visit!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view - quieter too

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Have just returned from a two night break from this wonderful hotel
From the time we arrived till the time we left we was made to feel so welcome
The hotel and gardens are beautiful
Rooms are in keeping with the hotel great shower rooms clean
We had the seven course taster menu on the first service was fantastic the waiter and waitress explained each dish to us
The staff are attentive but not intrusive
Breakfast was freshly cooked plenty of choice again service was attentive
We walked around the land and river beautiful scenery
We chose to dine in the hotel we was allowed to order of of the bar menu and the al a carte nice to be given s choice
Again food was wonderful and service wonderful
Nothing is to much trouble for the staff at this hotel from the receptionist who gave us a tour when we arrived which was a really lovely touch
To the gardener that spent time talking to my husband and the owner who happily spoke to my husband about the fishing courses that are available (my husband is booking already )
We will be returning and are also sending our parents as a treat
Well done and thank you

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Just back from a 2 night stay at this beautiful place. Bought a 2night deal through Travel Zoo which included a 7 course taster menu on the first night and breakfast on both mornings. This hotel is set in the most beautiful of surroundings. 27 acres with a river, lush gardens and spectacular walks. The hotel staff are friendly and have all the information you need on the surrounding areas and things to see and do whilst you stay there. We took our dog with us as the hotel is pet friendly too... I would definitely recommend this hotel and will return in the future.....

Room Tip: Room14 was more than ample for our needs
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We booked for one night with the tasting menu. The welcome was warm and we were given a quick guided tour before being taken up to the bedroom. After a quick unpack we took advantage of the glorious weather and had a stroll around some of the 27 acres. Walking by the river was so relaxing, eventually getting back to the hotel for a well earned drink. The hotel feel so welcoming and friendly and the staff are so helpful. The tasting menu was superb and the welsh breakfast this morning so tasty. We will be back and hopefully next time stay for 2 nights so we can explore the area more and perhaps indulge in an afternoon tea!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We came across this hotel on a TravelZoo top 20 weekly list. It coincided with a bank holiday weekend and a major antiques fair in Builth Wells so we quickly bought a voucher and booked up. Within the voucher was a 7 course tasting menu each, and the hotel accepts dogs which can stay in your room for only £10 / night - bonus!

I can be snobby, and a 3-star hotel may not be something I would go for, however given its location and on the weekend aforementioned, I thought lets go for it. First impressions were very good, the grounds are lovely (great for dogs), the building looked really interesting, and the check-in lady was brilliant. She showed us to our room, which was located near the exit for the dog. The room itself was fine, lovely big window and bed. There were signs of wear and tear, given its age, and the TV was far too small given how far the bed was away from it, but generally the room was great. If you look for faults you will find them, but I just had to remember it was a 3 star hotel and on an offer price.

Included within the price was breakfast - very good, and a 6 course tasting menu, which again was a nice experience. The wine list was very varied, with the cheapest red around £17 - so nothing over the top like some hotels.

I'd highly recommend people to stay here. As I say the location and grounds are lovely, the town is probably a 10 - 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1.8 km away
Cedars Guest House
Cedars Guest House
#2 of 3 in Builth Wells

Been to Caer Beris Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!