US$130
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$189
US$111
US$96
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)(Great Value!)
US$72
Bronwye Guest House(Builth Wells)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$99
Travelocity
Llanelwedd Arms Hotel(Builth Wells)
US$91
The Owls(Builth Wells)
US$91
Kite Hill Yurts(Builth Wells)
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
Pitchup.com
All reviewsrobbedsbreakfastshowerbedroom
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights whilst visiting a local event. It is a beautiful Edwardian house, set in its own grounds, with ample parking. Eileen, our host was extremely friendly and accommodating, and provided us with lots of useful information regarding the local area which would complement our stay. Our room was lovely - spotlessly clean with excellent décor and facilities. Beds were super comfortable, and the shower was pure luxury ! Lovely view of the garden from the windows - in a very peaceful and quiet location. Breakfasts were very generous and delicious - filled us up for the day ! We were asked what time we would like breakfast - host was very flexible with what suited us best. We opted for 9 - 9.30 am. She stated that the week before, she had been cooking at 5am to accommodate cyclists who needed to leave early !!Will definitely return for another stay later in the year - excellent value for money, with lovely, friendly accommodating hosts.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We loved it here. The owners were away and the B&B was being run by their daughter Becca. It's a beautiful house and the rooms are comfortable (the beds are so cosy that we both slept better than we do at home). The breakfasts were delicious and generous. Becca was a great host and it made for a happy, welcome atmosphere.

The area itself is stunning (recommendation: visit the top of Elan Valley Dams and go over the bridge. If you walk to the top of the hill you will come to a view of the valley and river that will make you think you're in Switzerland- see photos).

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015

I stayed at this bed and breakfast for one evening to attend a local wedding. It is a charming Edwardian residence with extremely friendly and accommodating hosts. The room furnishing and decorating was excellent value for money. I have stayed in 4 star hotels that couldn't match the quality of the room I stayed in. I was offered a lift by the owner to another local bed and breakfast where friends were staying. This was above and beyond normal service. Unfortunately I was unable to sample breakfast in the morning as I was ill during the night. The host was sympathetic and said I could stay as long as I needed until I felt better to drive. I will defiantly be returning with my young children for a stay. Looking forward to sampling the breakfast on my next visit ! .

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2015

I chose this Guesthouse for the annual cycle tour which I do with my Brother, mainly as it was in the right location and the price and reviews seemed good too. We were both blown away with the quality overall, the large bright dual aspect room which was very well fitted out and had very comforatable beds. The shower was very good indeed, better than each of our own ones back home. We both had a really great nights sleep. The breakfast was utterly superb with my brother having the normal breakfast and me the veggie one, (neither of us were man enough to face the Woodlands breakfast, which was two of everything as we had to cycle up the mountains). As luck would have it I wrecked the rear wheel of my bike on the arrival day and limped into the Guesthouse expecting that we would have to cease our cycle tour, only to find that the owner's son in law was a keen cyclist and he lent me a rear wheel for a couple of days and also fixed the wheel I had wrecked, what a result! Very cycle friendly here.
I'm planning to return to the Guesthouse either with my Wife alone for a romantic break or with the kids too for a family break. This is a really great guesthouse for almost any kind of stay and superb value too. I doubt you will be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Room at the front of the house
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2015

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago on our way North, and were very pleased with the experience. The Woodlands is a large Edwardian house set in a well kept garden just on the edge of Builth Wells. It has all the bases covered: a friendly welcome, well-appointed and comfortable rooms that were spotlessly clean, a guest lounge, plenty of parking spaces and good advice on where to eat in the evening. Our room had a brand new walk-in shower with top quality fittings. Breakfast was a standout: the bacon in particular was really delicious. All in all a great place to stay. Just remember that they do not take cards for payment - cash or cheque only.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family