1,498 results
All reviews course taster menu glass of champagne tower room superior room large hotel travelzoo deal mid wales leisure facilities gourmet dinner special offer lovely hotel restaurant staff steam room and sauna buffet style large car park high standard up to date
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We stayed here for 4 nights and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We found the staff to be very polite and friendly and the hotel itself was very clean. Our room on the 4th floor was a good size and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious and had both a large shower cubicle and a good size bath. We stayed as part of a coach tour and so ate in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. There was plenty of selection at the buffet breakfast and a good choice for dinner. We thought the food was very good. We would certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We had our annual work Christmas meal and disco at The Met' ... I'm not used to a noisy environment and this was exceptionally noisy, lots of party goes in the restaurant as you'd expect... I've used the bistro on many occasions, good coffee and cakes and plenty of room to sit...welcoming and helpful staff...

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

This has to be one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Our double bedroom was large and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a standard buffet. The dinner was a 3 course meal with very nice food. The spa facilities were lovely to spend most of our holiday in!

The staff all throughout the hotel were very friendly and extremely helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend others to come for a relaxing break away.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We have enjoyed the whole of previous visits here.The staff are stiil lovely as is the pool, breakfast was fine and our room was dated but very comfy .Our main motivation to return was the restaurant which was very high quality with an imaginative menu professionally executed , sadly it has deteriorated to Weatherspoon taste and quality but the price has remained the same. Very disappointing as the quality of the restaurant previously elevated this Hotel .

Room Tip: Avoid a Dinner Bed and Breakfast Package until they get a chef not a defroster
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mc m
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Returned just today from another delightful stay at The Metropole .. Just me & my puppy .. simply there to relax, unwind & enjoy the many walks that Llandrindod Wells has to offer .. Although we were without transport, the hotel is ideally situated to explore the town & it's beauty spots particularly the lake ..

We had 6 nights in a tower room which I prefer although pricy it gives the extra space, & it's at the back of the hotel so less noise, easy to access with lift & close to the little garden which is convenient for puppy at bedtime .. although take a torch as there is no light in the garden area .. which I found a little unnerving, also no bin, which is essential if we are to keep the garden clean!!

The hotel is friendly, polite, spotlessly clean, courteous & helpful .. puppy was allowed in all areas except restaurant, Spencers bar & Spa ..
I could eat in the lounge with puppy although orders had to be placed at the bar first so had to take pup in with me & did get quite a telling off from one barman which did upset me even though I explained the management knew I was in hotel alone with pup!! Not too sure quite what I was supposed to do ..

Meals taken in the restaurant were pricy but worth every penny .. absolutely delicious, catered well for a gluten free diet & the service received was faultless .. A special mention to Forbes .. one of the best waiters I have come across this year .. knew his menu & service was commendable every time .. Well Done !!

The hotel is dated in places certainly but that gives it charm & a nod to its history .. My room 338 was spacious, spotless, airy, comfortable, bathroom refurbished with shower & bath .. perfect

Worth noting it's an extra £20.00 per night for a dog, for that you nor the dog receive anything, not even a bowl of water anywhere on site, no bed, food, no light in the garden & no bin .. take everything with you plus a torch ..

Overall we have had a delightful time there again, I look forward to returning ..

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo