All reviews curry night beer garden roast beef family room sea front dog friendly hotel ample car parking sunday lunch curries seaside hotel pate dog owners overlooking the beach staff were brilliant weekend break pudding sea view
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful position this hotel has, just yards from the beach. Perfect for walks along the seafront.

There were many things to like such as the size of the double room, refurbed bathrooms and a thriving bar area with tasty food with a good portion.

Unfortunately there were a few downsides. The receptionist on check in was efficient but was not particularly welcoming. It seemed complicated as to if you wanted to eat in the bar or the restaurant and if a table needed to be laid up. Its difficult to know when you first arrive.

The bar was busy in the evenings with some lovely locals but on the opposite side one the domino players was vocal in his dislike of tourists.

The decor along the corridor to the rooms was outdated with an odd smell and although clearly our room had been decorated some things let it down. The original fixtures remain such as mdf doors and the wooden box style bedstead. With the hospital style flooring in tbe bathroons this all spoilt the refurb. On the plus side the bed was comfortable
but the pillows had no support. Toiletries and towels were provided The walls were very thin and you could hear doors slamming.

At £7.50 breakfast was a huge disappointment after the lovely food in the evening. It is a only run for one hour and is regimented as to which table you are allowed to sit at. There is a choice of cereal but with a throwback to my childhood tinned grapefruit in juice was the fruit on offer. Coffee and cooked breakfast is served by a hardworking but clearly under pressure waitress. The cooked breakfast was rather small and not particularly tasty but there was plenty of toast that you can order but no artisan products here.

This is a very traditional style seaside hotel which while a little overpriced and with the regimented routine not to my taste, will suit others.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I chose this venue from previous reviews on Trip Advisor. I rang mid morning to enquire if I could book a table for eight people. The receptionist was very helpful & cheery. We travelled from Porthmadog to the venue and we were so glad we did. The building itself could do with a little TLC, but being an old building being battered by the elements on the seafront, one shouldn't expect anything different. We first went into the bar which is small, but cosy. We then went to the restaurant where our reserved table was. The waitresses were very attentive & very pleasant. I have to say from that moment on we all had the best Sunday Lunch we'd ever tasted at a restaurant. I had Pate served with flatbread & onion Marmalade, others had Salmon & Prawn Salad, or Soup of the day which was butternut squash. All 8 of us thoroughly enjoyed our starters. For mains I had Roast Beef served with Yorkshire Pudding, roast potatoes, roast parsnip, cabbage (green & red), cauliflower cheese, carrots, baby new potatoes. & gravy. Others had Lamb. There was more than enough veg available but were told to just ask if we required more. The desert menu had lots of choice I opted for strawberry pavlova. If ever we're in the area again we will definitely return here for a meal. It's well worth travelling for. The views from the venue are stunning also, lots of outside seating, for sunny days, has a climbing frame for kids. On the plus side it's dog friendly also so no excuse not to pay a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We ate here on a Saturday evening on August and thankfully we had booked as the place was packed inside and out. There was a 20 minute wait to order food/drinks and the service was quite slow, although that was to be expected. The food when it arrived was plentiful and tasty. The location is ideal on the promenade overlooking the beach but it is obviously a very busy summer venue, so book in advance.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Booked table for Sunday lunch. Have had many drinks here in the past but never eaten here before. We arrived early due to bed weather all the staff were so welcoming and friendly. We were shown to our table and given a lovely hot roll and butter. We decided to have a starter and main I had the smoked salmon and my friend had the pate. Wow is what we both said when they arrived. They were not only presented so nicely but they both tasted absolutely delicious! My salmon came spread over a bed of lettuce with prawns over there were a few olives and 4 quarters of brown bread. Would definitely have it again. My friends pate also was very good ample in portion served with chutney and warm flatbread. We needed a breather before the main came. The main came good warm plate my lamb was delicious with extra gravy in a bowl and two toasties and Yorkshire. The veggies came in two dishes to help ourselves. My friends beef came with gravy boat too 2 toasties and roast parsnip. I cannot praise it enough all I would say is if I was local I would be here every Sunday,thanks to you all, will see you sometime in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
helena659, General Manager at Min-y-mor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks for your glowing review! We are pleased you enjoyed your Sunday lunches and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Barmouth. Why not try our other menu's too? We do a great curry night on Fridays and our full menu the rest of the week.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd stay which we thoroughly enjoyed again.
The hotel has a great location and you are just yards from the beach. The views from the front beer garden are stunning .
The hotel welcomes visitors to the bar and restaurant and is therefor always busy . It’s dog friendly which my daughter loves.
Rooms are always clean and tidy and a decent size , no hair dryers or irons though so come prepared .
Book direct rather than with booking . com as on those sites breakfast is not included so you pay more .
It’s an old building with twisty or sloping floors, which I think add to its character. Sone rooms have a bath but no shower which can be a little inconvenient.
Food is always good , as are the breakfasts.
Overall , it’s good value , the location to the beach and its views really make it for me
Staff always friendly and attentive. Would I stay again ? Absolutely.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your lovely review we hope to welcome you again soon !