All reviews his knowledge place to stay room was spacious and clean give advice minute walk places to visit one night great breakfast restaurants and shops harbour front quiet location guest lounge within easy walking distance up to date off road parking local area ferry terminal
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We'd highly recommend the Riverside to anyone going to Ullapool. The Host was very friendly and helpful, great tip on where to eat. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and well appointed. Everything was in great shape and seemed well looked after. The location is very good as it is only a few minutes walk from the main street and the ocean. Well worth the price and the breakfast was excellent with lots of options. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhap
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night in the riverside guest house. Room/ensuite very clean, no complaints , large comfortable lounge to relax in, breakfast very good too. Parking available right outside which was handy tho guest house short walk from town. Charlie is very helpful - recommended somewhere to eat which proved as good as he said and also recommended a scenic drive to our next stop off rather than the boring main road we would have chosen Thanks for the hospitality We would certainly stay here again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathymartha
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a tour of the Highlands, so this B&B was chosen for me, but I liked it a lot. Compared to the other two B&B's I stayed in (both in Edinburgh), I liked this the most of the three. The rooms are simple but well set up. Mine had a comfortable bed, a desk with a tea kettle, an ample nightstand, and a shelf area with some hangers. The bathroom was ensuite, and had a towel warmer.

The room was not fancy-looking; more like a generic hotel room, but frankly, I'd rather have a functional room than something higher-priced with lots of decorations. It was clean and well-arranged. Also, this place served a wonderful breakfast, with plenty of fresh fruit and cereal, plus hot food cooked to order. It had an extremely nice lounge area with comfy chairs, coffee tables, and glasses for wine or whisky (bring your own), which I really appreciated after the day of touring.

Ullapool is a small town but there are a few restaurants around which serve excellent food. I wish I'd had more time to walk around. Most of the two days I was here were spent exploring the amazing Highlands.

The manager or owner was very friendly. I'd choose this place again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank bchaplin
Reviewed 15 September 2017

A fun yet unplanned trip to Ullapool left us looking for accommodation last-minute. One if the hotels in town, all booked, recommended we give the Riverside a call. We were lucky to grab their last room and stayed for two nights in a double.

The guest house is very clean, well maintained, with good internet. It is a short walk to the two main streets in Ullapool and located in a quiet part of town. The breakfast provided was delicious and the staff helpful throughout the stay. Expect to hear your neighbors in the adjoining rooms, which is pretty standard in guest houses with small rooms and was not problematic. If we could wish for one improvement, it would be more comfortable beds. The rest was perfect - we hope to be back in a Ullapool soon!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bio_cons
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed a night in August, when we came into town to see a concert. We initially stayed because the price for two of us was about half(!) what it was at the concert location. We thought we'd get a cheap hotel to go with the cheap (for this location and time of year) price - nothing could have been further from the truth! We were met by a super friendly host, the room was large, clean, finished to a high standard, and quiet, and the breakfast the next day was super. He even let us park our truck in the back, so our dog (no dogs in the rooms) could sleep there more peaceably. He's suited for cyclists, and we saw a large happy group of bikers leaving in the morning, too. So good for all. We'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street - but the street is really quiet, so no problems.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple