“Great service and food”

Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This property has already been closed.
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We were as family out at weekend and had a most enjoyable experience. The food was great, all freshly cooked on premises but what really impressed me was the service. The staff went the extra mile to suite our needs and nothing was a bother. All the food came warm or piping hot. my only reservation was the scampi which was made there tasted more like fish in batter and would choose the steak next time.

1  Thank lothianman

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I had not been to the Golf Inn for a number of years... but will not be waiting long to return this time . Went there for Mother’s Day lunch and was very impressed all round. The dining room was light and spacious, the service was excellent and the food was of a very high standard. There was plenty of choice and although we all had something different.. we all agreed that the food was well prepared and presented and very tasty. The desserts were especially fine from dark chocolate orange mousse to sticky toffee pudding. A lot of thought and attention has gone into every detail.. very highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We chose The Golf as a solid, local venue for a decent meal and certainly weren't disappointed - the service and food were top class and pricing very reasonable. We mixed and matched from the Valentine's and normal menu and each dish was well cooked with decent portion size. Based on this meal we'll be back to eat here much more often.

1  Thank paul c
Allana M, Public Relations Manager at Golf Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Paul

Our flexibility in menu choice is popular and we thank you for taking the time to mention this in your review. Chef Scott will be made aware of this excellent review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Although we were eating early and the dining area at the back of the bar was quiet we enjoyed and excellent meal which was made all the more enjoyable due to the attentive, first class service from all the waiting and bar staff.

1  Thank Graeme B

Thanks Graeme for the review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed dining with us recently. I will be sure to pass your kind comments to both our chef and front of house staff.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I chose this restaurant on reviews on here, so I feel I should now warn other people off spending money in this establishment.
The table service was at a bare minimum. No children’s menu was offered and I had to request drinks!
When the food came it was like leftovers, no offer of any sauces or a check that our meal was ok. It was greasy and bland with no thought about presentation.
We we’re not asked when we payed for the meal if it had been ok. I hated handing over money for such poor food and service and would advise anyone to choose another restaurant in the area.

Allana M, Public Relations Manager at Golf Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thanks for the review Bexibop

I am sorry your experience did not live up to expectations. We are disappointed that our usual high level of customer service and food quality failed to get your approval.

I would like to investigate this further and I would be grateful if you could email myself at stay@golfinn.co.uk so I can ascertain our short comings on your visit.

Thanks