“Gullane super fry”
Review of Gullane Super Fry

Gullane Super Fry
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Gullane
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after a walk on the beach for a treat for lunch. We had a fish supper and a hamburger supper. The fish was the best I have had in a very long time. Freshly prepared, piping hot, crispy thin batter and beautifully flaky fish. The chips were also first class. My other half enjoyed his hamburger but after seeing the fish wished he had chosen that. We sat in to eat and the restaurant is clean and tidy and the staff were really friendly. I would recommend this. Best chippy for miles.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I phoned to check that the 2 for 1 pizza offer was on. Confirmed by Superfry but no mention that this was not possible by online ordering. I sent in an order online then was called to check the time I wanted to collect it - again no mention that I was not getting the 2 for 1 offer.
When we collected the order we were shocked to be told then at the counter that we were paying full price at £19 instead of the expected £10.
We have been customers here since they opened 5 years + but because of this underhand and deceitful we will not return.

4  Thank ianryoung
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This is an honest review having spent £19 for 3 people. The fish was sold as haddock but was flavourless and dry. The chips were also dry and cold. The staff oversold when we asked for 3 fish and a portion of chips we landed up with 3 fish suppers and the server knew what she was doing. A never again experience. Really in this day and age stop doing this to hard working people. The shop tries to do too much. Reduce the menu and improve the quality.

3  Thank Yvonne H
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stopped off at the small coop on the high street after a visit to archerfield, found this amazing chippie, good portion size, friendly staff and the chips hit the spot, what a great wee find after a day rambling around.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Hard and crunchy batter on the fish and soggy, underdone chips. All pretty inedible for two fish suppers costing over £13. Gullane isn't the place to find a chippy (though deep fried pizzas seemed popular with other 'diners') as it's all too gentile or at least it's faux-gentile. I somehow expected better although as I write this I am asking myself, why did I expect better. Never again. A place to avoid.

4  Thank Charles L