1,385 results
All reviews azul restaurant edge pool room service rooftop bar maho beach swim up suite butler service ocean point resort our honeymoon butler suite top shelf turn down service rain shower planes landing rooms are beautiful plane watching bottles of liquor
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

By far the best all inclusive on the island. Sonesta Ocean Point provides the privacy of adults only with high end luxury accommodations. The sister property is a 2 min walk and provides access to the spa, pool parties with swim up bar, multiple restaurants and beach access. Maho is kid friendly so the ocean point was great for us as we were on our honeymoon.

Butler service: If you want to have every drink handed to you, every reservation made for you (dinner and day activities) and cliff top ocean views from your room then butler service is for you.

Staff: Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The bartenders were by far may favorite staff. Make sure you stop by the point bar to meet the best bartender on the island and enjoy a one of a kind rum drink. Even the maintenance guy Alick was extremely nice and I would recommend a casual chat as he can tell you a lot about the island.

Restaurants: Azul is the best restaurant on the property and provides breakfast lunch and dinner. This is exclusive to Ocean Point residence. The menu changes daily and the food is always fresh, grilled snapper and grouper are both outstanding!

Sometimes travel can be stressful and require a lot of planning. I would recommend enjoying your vacation and letting it all fall into place at the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort. Doesn't get much better than this!

-Carter G

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carter G
LiveMaho, Guest Engagement Coordinator at Sonesta Ocean Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear Carter G

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Ocean Point Resortn St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay: how you liked food, pools and the team. Thank you kindly for writing this great 5 star review all about your stay!

Take care... until we see you again!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

My stay at the Sonesta Ocean Point Rooftop Butler Suite was pure excellence!!
Should you be lucky enough to have Ingrina or Dhalia as your Butler I promise your stay will be luxurious and most accommodating! These 2 Butlers will provide you with the utmost professional courtesy as well as THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE you are hoping for while on vacation. From providing breakfast room service, making dinner reservations, reserving beach or poolside chairs/umbrella and a cooler filled with ice/drinks preferences to filling your frig with your favorite beverages and any special vacation requests to make your stay as lovely as possible.
Upon your arrival u r greeted with complimentary Azul drinks, in room champagne and a cheese plate with cranberries.
The view in the rooftop butler suite is AMAZING. close your eyes and let your mind imagine the most beautiful turquoise blue ocean water and u will feel relaxed immediately!
Eat at the AZUL since this is one of the perks staying of staying at the Ocean Point part of the Sonesta resort. I tip my hat to Chef Philip whose perfected dishes will satisfy your every palette!
DO swim in the public beach to enjoy the waters of St. Marten but also enjoy the Adults ONLY pool, another perk of Ocean Point customers. Wow! What a view!
Watch the jets arrive and the jet skiers ride the ocean waves.
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!
A very special THANK YOU TO INGRINA, DAHLIA and Chef PHILIP!
BRAVO TEAM!!!
Well done :)

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Laura K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Ocean Point Resortn St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay: how you liked food, pools, bulter service and the rest of the team. Thank you kindly for writing this great 5 star review all about your stay!

Take care... until we see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

A great stay at Sonesta Ocean Point. Azul restaurant is the place to go. The food is amazing and if you have a chance for the short ribs, don't pass it up! The staff there was the best, especially Anja our bartender, Ronisca our server by the beach pool, Nelisha our hostess and Jean Eddy our server!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan G

Dear Dan G
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sonesta Ocean Point Resort in St. Maarten. Glad to hear all about your enjoyable your stay including the Azul and the team. We appreciate the time spent writing this great 5 star review all about it~!

Take care... and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and booked a five day vacation at this all inclusive resort. This resort has the potential to be an all around 5 star resort, however the attitude, discrimination and laziness of the staff brings it down to a 2.

Upon initial arrival the resort seem impressive and the on duty manager Kereisha Williams was amazing. If only other members of the staff mimicked her courtesy and perfessionalism, I'm sure the stay would have been much better. Ocean Point is marketed as an adult only resort, when in reality that is not the case. Only one section of the resort (to include one resturant) was adults only. The buffets, other restaurants, beach (small) are all on the same property as the other resort, so kids everywhere; completely false advertisement. However, the resort was gorgeous. I absolutely loved the shower and bed. The rooms are very modern and clean. The wifi was excellent.

The food lacked to be desired. The Azul breakfast is the only place that stood out. This included the waiter, Jean Eddy. He was very polite and made sure we were taken care of. The other restaurants and service were mediocre at best. On multiple occasions our food orders were incorrect and the food was always served cold. Additonally, I dont understand how they could use the word "buffet" when you never served yourself. I felt like I was in a school cafeteria where the food was being managed and served to you because it was limited. The plates are handed to you and you have to inform the representative at each food station what items you would like and "they" will give you portions they deem feasible. That was a very big turn off. Drinks were never refilled and if you're lucky enough to find your waitress, you had to repeat your order again, which somehow you still ended up with the wrong order. On two different days, we asked for our burgers to be well, well done only to get pink center burgers.

Of extreme note, I would be remiss if I did not make metion of the blantant instances of discrimination. On multiple occasions, minorities were overlooked and treated substandard when dealing with staff members, to include waiters, waitresses, bar tenders, and oddly enough, one food manager. My husband questioned one of the more polite and respectful staff members on the disparity between the level of professionalism utilized when addressing minorities, and he openly stated "staff members treat 'them' better, because they think 'they' will tip better. Contrary to popular belief, "we" tip, even more so when the service is beyond what is expected.

I must admit, my husband and I have never been this frustrated and disappointed with a vacation location. Not only will we never visit this location, we will be sure to alert all of our colleagues, coworkers, friends, and family about this despicable diplay of professionalism.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Char J
LiveMaho, Guest Engagement Coordinator at Sonesta Ocean Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Char J,

We have taken your feedback with great seriousness and has been shared with the Management Team, who is actively investigating your implications. Just last Thursday I complimented Jean-Eddy on his skills, as I do enjoy the positive feedback I read on his performance such as this. I suggested that he share his tricks with his teammates and inspire them. Due to new protocols we have shifted the self-serve aspect to dining into a serving station procedure. We are gathering feedback during this switch and may return to self serve soon.

Please know that we do value this input and if you would like to provide any further details, do not hesitate to email me personally. If you are the couple that joined us for the cooking class I believe I met you!

- Martha
mmarsden@sonestastmaarten.com

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort from 5/19/16-5/24/16 my stay was absolutely AMAZING! Upon arrival all of the staff were more than accommodating to my friends and I. My room was an Ocean view so I was able to see the planes land. It was not noisy and actually an enjoying experience. The planes flew throughout the day, at night there was no noise. There was a cocktail waitress Jevannie she went the extra mile for my friends and I. She gave us tips on restaurants and made sure we were ok the entire time we were at the pool she serviced. She has EXCELLENT customer service skills, I can only hope if you visit you get a chance to served by her! Thank you Sonesta Ocean Point and your amazing staff for a much needed vacation!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glamorousgem
LiveMaho, Guest Engagement Coordinator at Sonesta Ocean Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Dear Glamorousgem,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a excellent 5 star review of our resort in sunny St. Maarten. We are glad that you enjoyed the birthday resort experience. Loce to hear about the great customer service provided by Jevannie. Travel Tip: Watch our website under the OFFERS tab for latest and greatest deals!

- Martha