“Great food & entertainment”
Review of Cheri's Cafe

Cheri's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Maho
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on the Dutch side of the friendly island of Sint Maarten in the center of Maho, Cheri's cafe opened in 1988 and has continued to grow in popularity ever since. 'A jewel within a jewel!'Music & live entertainment six nights a week with our very own 'Sweet Chocolate' band. Each night we try to surprise our guests with something different, whether it's Tina Turner, LuLu or Louis Armstrong or any of the many other characters that all add up to a fun night to remember at Cheri's Café.Dance beneath the stars at the most popular nightspot on the island, a lively and exciting venue for tourists & locals alike. If you haven't danced in a while, it will be hard to resist the live rhythmic dance beat here; or how about a romantic slow dance?We are known for our fun loving pleasant atmosphere, complimented by great food, honest prices and great entertainment.Our aim is to please you by increasing your happiness level while you are in our care. We care about our community as well as the 46 staff members. Our goal is customer satisfaction, we want you to have a fun time, together with great food! Enjoy!We look forward to welcoming you back again.Frommers ReviewAmerican expat Cheri Batson opened this cherished institution in 1988. The rare tourist trap that even appeals to locals, this great place to meet people is outfitted in an irrepressible color scheme of scarlet, hot pink, and white.Everybody from rock bands to movie stars, casino high rollers to beach bums makes a pit stop at this open-air pavilion.The surprisingly good, relatively cheap food (think burgers, steaks, pastas, and fresh fish) is a bonus, but most come for flirting and dancing to an assortment of live acts 6 nights a week.Don't miss such regulars as Sweet Chocolate Band, if only to watch the guys don wigs and falsies.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Very fun place, especially to attend with your family. The food is great and the service is even better. I would recommend the Coconut Shrimp( you get like 10!) or the Ribs, and make sure you come ready to laugh and sing! They give you hand clappers to shake after every song and if I wasn't so tired after my flight, I would have joined them on stage dancing! Its very spirited and puts a smile on your face to know a place like this can do both: Cook and Entertain! a MUST GO!!!

Cheri B, Owner at Cheri's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Brittany S
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of the Cafe.
I am so very happy you enjoyed yourselves..that has been our goal since day 1 thirty years ago..to spread the joy.
May you have a wonderful year... full of joy and happiness.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

aviod this place is tacky the food is nasty and at night the entertainment is awful decor is mix and match

Dear Jgioiosa
I wish you had contacted me when you were at the Cafe so I may have addressed your issues.
Sincerely
Peace be to you

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My family and a couple other families enjoyed the show and laughed a lot! Food was good! Services was excellent! This is a great place to go and have a good time!

Dear Welove
Thank you for your wonderful review..I am so very happy you enjoyed yourselves..
Sincerely

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We came here in the middle of our vacation. We weren't that hungry and just wanted something small for dinner. My husband and I ordered the Lobster Bisuqe - BIG MISTAKE - it was extremely watered down and we got a little over half a bowl. My son ordered the coconut chicken with the Caesar salad. He said the chicken was good, but the salad was average at best. The show was as bad as it could get. Not so much the show itself, but the one singer was absolutely horrible. What a wasted night.

Dear SeasideSeven,
So very sorry you did not enjoy your time at the Cafe.
I wish you had come to me and told me, so I could have addressed your issues.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We went to Cheri's for my daughter 23rd birthday based on a recommendation from a friend. The food was just OK. Not flexible with the menu options, you can't add or change anything. My coconut shrimp seemed overcooked and the rest of my party was;t thrilled with their food choices. Secondly, the show was terrible. Everything about it was bad. They had no stage presence, the costumes looked old/dingy and the guy singing Whitney Houston songs was terrible. My son thought he was joking. I don't get why the men had to dress up as woman and dance...smh. We left early because the show was a disgrace. Pros: the waiter was nice and the place is decent. Very disappointing way to spend my daughter's 23rd birthday.

Cheri B, Owner at Cheri's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Moblack 65
I am so very sorry we disappointed you.
I wish you had come over and expressed this to me , I am at the Cafe every night.
May you have a joyous year.
Owner