22 people are viewing this hotel
US$343
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$343
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Lol.travel
US$479
US$313
Hotels.comUS$343
PricelineUS$343
Trip.comUS$479
All reviews lava rock palms grill pizza sonesta maho beach resort kids club ascot pub point restaurant mullet bay island view guest services chicken wings check in was quick and easy be patient terrace buffet nightly entertainment big shout bottle of champagne
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

First off I have to say that my wife and I went into this trip with medium expectations since travel has been so restricted from the US. This place exceeded all of them from service, to food, to the room. I will do my usual pros and cons (but the cons are for info purposes only as I am not complaining)
Pros: service, service ,service. I don’t care what other reviews have said. Everyone from the front desk, the bars, the coffee shop and literally anywhere we went people were incredibly nice. We wanted a bottle of wine for the room and it was handed to us. We needed a couple more waters and they were handed to us. If we had any question it was answered with a smile. Thumbs up to grounds staff. They were out cleaning the pool, sweeping the walls, or just making the place look nice every day. The bartenders and food service folks work their tails off. Thumbs up to Edward at the inside bar. He had to deal with a lot of partying younger folks that were drinking in the pool all day and he did it with a smile. We tip but there is no look of expectation. In an all inclusive food is usually the question, but breakfast and lunch at the buffet was great with changes everyday. The special restaurants at night were awesome. The point has a great view and great food. The palms had a great steak or pork chop served with a hot stone to finish the cooking. Loved it. I believe the place was about half capacity so getting a table or chair at the beach or pool was not problem even up until 10am. The rooms have everything you need. Try to get ocean view at a higher floor. The resort is across the street from a number of things you can do including shopping, a nice casino, and a bunch of food and bars. We liked the “hole in the wall” bar for the entertainment every night. Finally, if ur worried about the planes don’t be. You see them from 1 to 3 and never hear them after they land. Even the room balcony doors keep all the pool noise out.
Cons: these are just tips so no offense to the sonesta crew. Coffee in the room is not good but you can get a nice cup in the lobby. Not much to do as far as resort entertainment during the day. One area of the pool chairs has a sewage smell something terrible but it’s just in one spot. Truthfully there is not much other stuff I would correct.
Bottom line is we loved it and we have been to many places in the Caribbean.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank arubafan73
Nadeige Martelly, Owner at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear arubafan73

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, and thank you for the recognition of our services and hardworking staff – we will be sure to let Edward know of the shoutouts! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your overall resort experience, Casino Royale and some great spots in Maho Village. We also appreciate your thorough feedback on ways where we can improve.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2021 via mobile

I was really optimistic about my stay upon arriving at the Sonesta Maho with 5 girlfriends to celebrate a 40th birthday. We were enthusiastically greeted by Janine/Janice(?) who checked us in and gave us the full rundown of the resorts amenities while we settled in with a fresh towel and champagne. Unfortunately, this is where the exceptional service/ hospitality ended at the Sonesta Maho.

Unfortunately, throughout the rest of our stay we had to deal with constant hot water issues in one of our rooms, poor dining/cocktail service (I’m talking 2.5 hours for dinner one night), and finally wristband/room keys breaking and being asked by security if you are a guest of the hotel as you walk to the lobby to retrieve new bands.

I really wanted to enjoy/recommend this place to others but unfortunately I can’t do so in good faith.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kcfullcourtlife

Dear kcfullcourtlife,

Thank you for taking the moment to submit your rating and review regarding your stay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa! We're delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your milestone birthday and appreciate the recognition of our front desk agent Janine. However, we're dismayed that we didn't meet all of your expectations at this time. We encourage guests to please contact our guest services while at the resort with any concerns giving us the opportunity to overturn your experience. We are committed to ensuring that you and all of our guests have a comfortable stay with us and regret to know that we didn't have the chance to do so for you.

Should you have any residual concerns or comments, we encourage you to please contact our guest relations manager Ms. Eloy at aeloy@sonestastmaarten.com as we are intent in restoring your faith in us. We hope to welcome you back soon when visiting Sint Maarten.

Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Sonesta Maho Beach resort during our recent family vacation. The resort is in a perfect location with an all-inclusive option. Pros: the food is freshly prepared, drinks are not watered down and staff is respectful and kind. Cons: check-in wait time is insanely long or any reception needs, the hotel can use an upgrade on the interior & exterior, Covid testing process they offer for departures is the worse process ever, the nightly entertainment could be better. Overall, the resort is okay for a quick all-inclusive getaway.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Marquita H,

Thank you so much for taking the moment to submit your rating and review regarding your stay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa! We're thrilled that you had a great family vacation and appreciate the feedback. For potential guests reading this review, we have recently completed a full rebuild in 2019, soft refurbishments in 2020 and well into this year. As for our onsite return testing, it's easy to set up an appointment at the front desk, take the test within the time frame needed, and get your results same day.

Should you have any residual concerns or comments, we encourage you to please contact our guest relations manager Ms. Eloy at aeloy@sonestastmaarten.com as we are intent in ensuring you have an overall great experience. We hope to welcome you back soon for an all-inclusive getaway.

Reviewed 12 June 2021

This was my first time visiting St Maarten and I was very impressed with the Sonesta Maho hotel. There was a bit of a wait at check-in and for my room to be ready but everything after that went well. The staff greets you with a glass of champagne or bottled water which is refreshing.

The room was updated, very clean, comfortable beds and included packaged hand sanitizer and masks. I was upgraded to a garden view so I was able to see the planes taking off and a beautiful water view. Your wrist bracelet is your entry to your room so no fumbling for a card which was a relief.

The pool area was very clean and included daily entertainment for both adults and children. Its a short walk to Maho Beach to watch the landing of the planes which is fascinating.

The staff are friendly and helpful with any questions you may have. The cafe inside the hotel has sandwiches, tea/coffee and delicious desserts which is very welcoming when you want a quick snack or drink.

The souvenir shop has a little of everything and the young lady was very sweet to offer to put aside a shark shirt for my grandson as a delivery was scheduled. When I walked in the day of delivery, she had the shirt aside for me.

The tour desk has many tours to choose from. I booked the catamaran tour which included snorkeling (my first time) drinks, lunch and a stop at Long Beach. I met so many friendly people from all over and it was the highlight of my trip.

They had a big selection of food at the buffet and also the restaurants and everything I had was delicious. The majority of the waitstaff were friendly and always made sure you had water/drinks. I have to give a shout out to Janella. She waited on me at The Lava. She was so sweet, kind and attentive. The next night I saw her as I was entering the Italian restaurant and I requested her. People like her are the reason I will return to a hotel on my vacation.

St Maarten is a beautiful country and I’m so looking forward to returning and staying at The Sonesta Maho.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jill C
Nadeige Martelly, Owner at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Dear jillg6462017

Thank you so much for taking the moment to submit your excellent rating and review regarding your tay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa. We're thrilled to know that you had an amazing all-inclusive experience, and we appreciate the compliments of our hardworking staff including Janella — we will let her know of the shoutout!

Thank you again for the kinds words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Nadeige

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Nice hotel with friendly staffs. Close to airport and beach. The room was good.
Elicio one of the staff from food services team was great and very helpful. He took the request very quickly and cared a lot!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Adibtwin,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa and the recognition of our staff — we will be sure to let Elicio know of the shoutouts!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!