“really good sushi”

Bamboo
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Maho
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bamboo is an urban industrial feeling restaurant decorated with Asian design elements, and offering a contemporary menu of Latin and Asian-inspired menu items. Bamboo has a world-class Sushi Bar, described in many publications and reviews as New York-style Sushi with a Caribbean twist. To top it off, Bamboo also features a fun, young, and dynamic bar and lounge area known as the Buddha Lounge, where our bartenders are itching to entertain. A resident DJ spins classic funk, soul, electro and lounge music on the weeknights which keeps the place buzzing until late. We serve food late into the night. Reservations are strongly encouraged, especially during high season.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

this place is really good for sushi they have also good sake hot or cold.
Little bit overprice and we wait long time 1 hour ...

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I love sushi and I think there are lots of restaurants who serve really good sushi. However, I think Bamboo serves the best sushi I have ever eaten. Yes, it is quite expensive, but I think it's worth it. The restaurant itself has a bit of a clubby ambiance. Music is sometimes very loud, which makes it hard to speak with your companions.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We had a birthday dinner at Bamboo. We did not make a reservation but could be seated (it was a busy evening). The waitress was fast and drinks, entrees and main course followed quickly. We ordered several specialty rolls which were all good. Overall we were satisfied but a bit dissapointed with the quality compared to what we paid.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a clubby ambiance and benefits from a location close the nightclubs, casino etc. If you were on a first date, and more concerned about your date than your dining experience it might be a good choice.

Beyond that, the quality of the sushi is mediocre, the value is poor, and the service we experienced was an unpleasant combination of disinterest and condescension. If these things matter to you I would recommend going to one of the many other excellent restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

On the 4th of July we went to Bamboo for happy hour, we have been going there regularly for years, we live on St.Maarten. They used to have a 15% service charge, this by itself is illegal on St.Maarten, all prices need to be all included, but restaurants in the tourist sector have been getting away with it, who cares its only tourists! But the service charge got canceled, with the remark on the checks that it was up to you to leave a tip.
This evening there where two lady bartenders that we did not know and they did not know us. After getting the check I saw they had added a service charge, and not 15% but 18%!
I paid, and only then asked where this came from, they had to discuss it then basically told me that they put it on at their own will, they did not know me so...... I tried to explain to her that this is bad for business, people are not crazy, and will get pissed off. To all tourist stop accepting service charges, it is not allowed, not even when its printed on the menu card, by law on St.Maarten all prices have to include taxes and other charges.

3  Thank Smith000111