“Faultless Italian meal”
Review of Carlo's

Carlo's
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food with extras thrown in. We booked this fairly last minute because another restaurant had let us down. So glad they fitted us in because the meal was faultless - mussels, minestrone soup, and monkfish. Bread with a variety of butters and a pot of Parmesan cheese were complimentary. Nice to be able to buy wine In a half carafe and can recommend the dry house white. All served with a smile.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (272)

Reviewed 30 August 2021

Had the pleasure of dining here recently and have to say I was most disappointed that I couldn't finish my meal. My wife was in shock, as this was probably the first time she had witnessed such an event!
Let's clear things up, the quality of the food and the portion sizes were fabulous and the staff friendly and helpful.
Party of three we started of with an order of pate, which was good and we had two orders of the tiger tail prawns. Large juicy prawns and lots of them!!
For mains we had two go for the Tornedos al Barolo , meat was cooked to perfection but what size was that cow? Biggest fillets I've come across and so tasty and tender ,shamed to say I had to raise the white flag, as did my wife. Mind you every cloud has a silver lining and there was one happy dog waiting at home for a treat!! The other member of the party had scallops, black pudding with chorizo. They saved the day and managed to finish their main course.
Deserts, I couldn't face but the other two had Tiramisu and a meringue both had no cause to complain.
If I do have one bit of criticism it would be the sauté potatoes, in reality they were just odd shaped chips finished in a deep fat fryer and not what I say was sauté potatoes.
So on the whole a fantastic meal with fantastic potions and a fantastic dining experience. Very happy with our visit, as was the dog when we got home!!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021

My wife and I are fans of good Italian food and this turned out to be a rather special birthday meal for her. The food was high quality if a little on the expensive side. I had a starter of scallops follwed by barbecued chicken. The service was friendly and helpful. When a small error was made with the order it was quickly put right with no fuss. Highly recommended for a special meal out.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 30 April 2021

Recommended to us by the site where we are staying and by reviews on this page we were very disappointed to visit Carlo's on Wednesday 28 April 2021 to discover it no longer looks like its profile photo and just had a handwritten phone number in the glass case outside. Its website says it's open Thursdays - Saturdays from 5.30pm but its Facebook page suggests it's only open at weekends, though that isn't clear. Locals seem to know and are enthusiastic about take-away food and weekend dining, I think.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Very hardworking friendly ladies served us classic Italian dishes. Kids had kid sized spag bol and calamari. Me and grandad had excellent seafood spaghetti, inc lobster, scallops, prawns, mussels. Hubby had mushrooms and pizza with whatever topping he wanted! Everyone happy, will return.

Date of visit: August 2020