The Crown Hotel(Newton Stewart)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$105
Bruce Hotel(Newton Stewart)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$92
Creebridge House Hotel(Newton Stewart)
US$157
Conifers Leisure Park(Newton Stewart)
House O'Hill Hotel(Bargrennan)
Blackhorse Hotel(Newton Stewart)
TripAdvisor
The Bladnoch Inn(Newton Stewart)
Clauchan Cottage(Newton Stewart)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmine hosta king size beddumfries and gallowayguest househostsfestival
Reviewed 21 July 2013

stayed here for a week although most people used it as a stop over point whilst touring around.We were made to feel welcome and comfortable.food was good.Julie was friendly without being intrusive into our privacy.If you want a peaceful break this is the place for you,although there are many places to eat and drink within walking distance.A trip to newton stewart cannot pass without a visit to kenny in the unicorn chinese restraunt ,or another kenny in the creebridge hotel.Both of whom have the most wicked sense of humour!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Wonderful house.Very large room with a big comfy bed.Bathroom also spacious.Breakfast served in the conservatory overlooking the mature gardens.Most enjoyable stay.Very quiet surroundings.Friendly hosts.Would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have now been going to Rowallan for about 8 years and I am treated like I am part of the family , always welcomed with a smile and a good old chat to see if myself and my family are doing well . The house and whichever room I stay in is always spotless and cannot find fault with anything , the breakfasts are great and well cooked and so are the evening meals which I prefer rather than eating out, nothing like a home cooked meal away from home .
I only wish I could stay there more often

Room Tip: Room 6 is my favorite ,kingsize bed, plenty of room but all the other rooms are great all with nice views just depends on what you need
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hospitality in a fantastic location, set in its own grounds but with easy access to the town. Ideal for a quiet getaway or as a base to explore the beautiful Dumfries and Galloway region. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We arrived in the evening, tired and hungry. Our host gave us an abrupt welcome telling us that we could have breakfast at 8.00 or 9.00 only. We were not shown to our rooms, or offered help with our luggage. There was no friendly advice about where we could eat.
When we returned from our meal, at about 9.30, I knocked on our hosts' door and asked if we could have a little fresh milk for our morning tea. Rob appeared to be very annoyed at being disturbed, and told me "They sell milk in the town". He begrudgingly gave me milk, however.
At breakfast next morning I apologised to Julie for disturbing her husband, and asked what time I should collect fresh milk that evening. She said that she would take milk to our room.
When we returned to our room that afternoon there was a pint of milk in a plastic bottle, sitting in a bowl of ice.
The house is lovely, and our room pleasant, with a good view, but I do not understand how this place merits five stars: breakfast included sliced bread, 'plastic' marmalade and instant coffee.
This is not what we expect.
Apart from our B&B our experience of Newton Stewart was delightful, and the locals very friendly. We would certainly return, but not to Rowallan House.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple