All reviews hot tub underfloor heating mood lighting wet room coffee machine babbling brook thought of everything docking station lodge number heated floors stream running costa coffee small fridge midge season kettle and toaster unique stay falling asleep
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Only problem we had is that we weren't there for long enough.

Pod was amazingly clean and we had so many amenities: coffee machine, tea, milk, jam, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, juice, robes, midgie spray!

Very private and quiet which was lovely. Had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2018
RiverBeds, Front Office Manager at RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

These pods look great, very well equipped, clean and cosy. They are small, but that's what you expect. It's a good location, walking distance of hotel restaurant/pub, golf course walk. Good basic breakfast and fruit provided.

However, there are some downsides:-
1. Midges - This was early June, and there were plenty about, which detracts from the whole "outdoor" experience as you can't sit out and eat dinner or breakfast without being eaten. You have to hide inside. They provide midge spray which is semi effective but the midges still get you.
2. Equipment problems - we stayed in lodge 1 and the air-con unit made very strange noises, meaning we couldn't run it at nighttime, leading to poor sleep and a pod full of condensation the following morning. They tried to fix it without any luck.
3. Hot tub is great, but weirdly the cover opens up to block the view of the river and trees, bit annoying and would be better opening the other way
4. It is very expensive, and while it is your choice to pay, the inability to really enjoy the outdoor space at this time of year doesn't really make it enjoyable.
5. Be aware that the fridge is very small, so you can't really store more than about 4 ready meals in the fridge and a couple of drinks.

I'd only consider staying here again if it was cheaper and outside of midge season

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David G
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

perfect place to visit Glencoe and Fort William.
The room is small but there is everything you need, even audio system.

Very convinient to stay, and I would recommend here, if you have plan to visit Glencoe.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very pretty little pods in the woods, being so close to the babbling stream they are surprising private and feel isolated despite being quite close to each other. It's amazing that you can have everything you need in 12 m2, everything clean and tidy on arrival. What must have been the easiest check-in ever, my name was on a board outside with our pod number. Plenty of provsions in the kitchenspace, a good breakfast in the fridge (not forgetting the complimentary bacon butty from the site cafe) plus the bottle of chilled prosecco too was a lovely touch. We had our two dogs and everything was great for them too with a good secure gate to allow them the run of our own area. I think we escaped the worst of the midges, I know they can be vicious.

Room Tip: Only 8 pods, they all look very similar, we opted for no hottub so our balcony was a little smaller, but more than big enough for us.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

What a lovely little cabin this was. Looks small as you walk in but it has everything you need. It has great technology you wouldn’t expect from such a small place. Under floor heating, mood lighting, coffee machine and other appliances. The lodge comes with varied gifts including a bottle of prosecco, Scottish preserves and marmalade, Scottish tablet and Scottish toiletry products. The Scottish gifts were a great touch.

We were amazed when we walked in and started to explore the features of the place. However, I would highly recommend visiting in the winter or autumn, the midges are unbearable due to the cabins location. We could not open the window during the night as the midges were swarming in. I would recommend the hotel installed some sort of midgey net if possibe to allow the window to be opened. During our time in the hot tub my partner was attacked by midges and had bites all over her body. Another downside was the smell that came from the toilet/wetroom. Fortunately the door managed to keep it contained in the wetroom. This wasn’t that big a deal but you’d expect better when paying so much.

It would also be nice if the property put some lighting on the stream so you could enjoy it at night. I would come back but only if I got a deal again. I don’t think it is worth the full price they charge. Perhaps the property is trying to recoup the money invested as a lot of money has clearly went into making these excellent pods and maybe the price will go down over time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RiverBeds, Front Office Manager at RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the soon.