All reviews hot tub underfloor heating mood lighting wet room coffee machine babbling brook thought of everything docking station lodge number heated floors stream running costa coffee small fridge midge season kettle and toaster unique stay falling asleep
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

perfect place to visit Glencoe and Fort William.
The room is small but there is everything you need, even audio system.

Very convinient to stay, and I would recommend here, if you have plan to visit Glencoe.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
RiverBeds, Front Office Manager at RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very pretty little pods in the woods, being so close to the babbling stream they are surprising private and feel isolated despite being quite close to each other. It's amazing that you can have everything you need in 12 m2, everything clean and tidy on arrival. What must have been the easiest check-in ever, my name was on a board outside with our pod number. Plenty of provsions in the kitchenspace, a good breakfast in the fridge (not forgetting the complimentary bacon butty from the site cafe) plus the bottle of chilled prosecco too was a lovely touch. We had our two dogs and everything was great for them too with a good secure gate to allow them the run of our own area. I think we escaped the worst of the midges, I know they can be vicious.

Room Tip: Only 8 pods, they all look very similar, we opted for no hottub so our balcony was a little smaller, but more than big enough for us.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

What a lovely little cabin this was. Looks small as you walk in but it has everything you need. It has great technology you wouldn’t expect from such a small place. Under floor heating, mood lighting, coffee machine and other appliances. The lodge comes with varied gifts including a bottle of prosecco, Scottish preserves and marmalade, Scottish tablet and Scottish toiletry products. The Scottish gifts were a great touch.

We were amazed when we walked in and started to explore the features of the place. However, I would highly recommend visiting in the winter or autumn, the midges are unbearable due to the cabins location. We could not open the window during the night as the midges were swarming in. I would recommend the hotel installed some sort of midgey net if possibe to allow the window to be opened. During our time in the hot tub my partner was attacked by midges and had bites all over her body. Another downside was the smell that came from the toilet/wetroom. Fortunately the door managed to keep it contained in the wetroom. This wasn’t that big a deal but you’d expect better when paying so much.

It would also be nice if the property put some lighting on the stream so you could enjoy it at night. I would come back but only if I got a deal again. I don’t think it is worth the full price they charge. Perhaps the property is trying to recoup the money invested as a lot of money has clearly went into making these excellent pods and maybe the price will go down over time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RiverBeds, Front Office Manager at RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at this lodge and what can we say but WOW, the lodge was just superb and delightful. We found the place easy and enjoyed the riverside setting despite the poor weather.

We had a non hot tub lodge which was still incredible, the lodge though small for some things it was just superb and couldn’t complain it felt so luxurious and was worth every penny.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RiverBeds, Front Office Manager at RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Lovely idea, but the lodges are way too wee. I had to go to toilet for a biggie in the Coffee Shop. When there's two of you in there and you want to have a shower afterwards... you get my drift.
Don't go there in the summer! There's midges everywhere and they eat you alive. I know this is not the hotel's fault, but hey, it adds up to the experience. I think it is related to the river flowing next to the lodge: humidity=midges.
They could do with some light outside in case you want to use the hot tube after dark and don't want to break your legs.
Last but not least, the price. I wouldn't have paid what others are saying. Even what I've paid seems a bit much and this is in the region of a hundred pound a night.
Novelty - yes. Fun - the hot tube. Bad - cramped, midges, no light outside, inflated price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple