“Lunch menu not appealing & needs better customer service!”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #127 of 175 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: British
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Reviewed 17 January 2016

2 of us visited here for lunch. It was relatively quiet, so we thought we would pop in here for a quick bite. The ordering process was average, the grumpy man behind the bar did take a while to serve us as he was busy chatting to already served regulars. When receiving the drinks, one was slammed down so hard, I was lucky to not be covered. Was it topped back up? No. What kind of service is that?!? The wait for 2 sandwiches with some own brand style Doritos was ever so long and when they came, both sandwiches had the first crust slices on them...who wants that? Did the chef open both sides of the loaf? We were not happy. Had to take half the sandwich back as had to go back to work. It's a little bit pricey for a sandwich with no chips and flavourless tortilla crisps.
Would I recommend this place? Not really as I've had better in Boston, so there's no point in wasting your time and money, especially as it was only ok at a push!

3  Thank D D

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Ordered 'Chicken Strips with barbecue sauce' for £4.50
The member of bar staff that took my order, instead of handing the change across the bar, chose to walk the long distance around the bar, fingering this and that on his slow ramble to the customer side of the bar. Only to be reminded by myself, that there was change due. At which point it 'appeared' to come from his trouser pocket and was handed over in a very sneaky way. Member's of staff appeared to be clueless. When the ordered dish arrived on a teacup saucer with a pinch of dry lettuce and a small serving of tomato ketchup we were not impressed. Would advise to avoid until under better management.

1  Thank Tudzie
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

It was my idea to go to this place after Weathers as I don't like the wine bar, which is pretty much all the town has on offer. The owner thinks because he owns this and Assembly Rooms he can't pluck prices from thin air. £9.40 for a lager and a cider black. The black used was clearly Asda Smart Price and definitely not the usual Schweppes or Britvic most pubs would use. Tasted crap. Beer had two inches of head. Staff are all miserable and I would be too if I had to rip off all my friends I'm serving!

Avoid!!!

1  Thank 28jbkh28
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

The rebrand seems to have improved the service and the quality of the food since it operated under the Wetherpoons flag. Definitely a decent spot for lunch or breakfast

1  Thank Aaron KD B
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Somewhat grim, verging on rough, inside. Food was pretty average, not terrible but wouldn't think of returning really. Barstaff were friendly.

1  Thank teresa a