“Maybe the chef, staff & management were having a bad day...”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #129 of 177 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: British
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Ordered 'Chicken Strips with barbecue sauce' for £4.50
The member of bar staff that took my order, instead of handing the change across the bar, chose to walk the long distance around the bar, fingering this and that on his slow ramble to the customer side of the bar. Only to be reminded by myself, that there was change due. At which point it 'appeared' to come from his trouser pocket and was handed over in a very sneaky way. Member's of staff appeared to be clueless. When the ordered dish arrived on a teacup saucer with a pinch of dry lettuce and a small serving of tomato ketchup we were not impressed. Would advise to avoid until under better management.

1  Thank Tudzie

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

It was my idea to go to this place after Weathers as I don't like the wine bar, which is pretty much all the town has on offer. The owner thinks because he owns this and Assembly Rooms he can't pluck prices from thin air. £9.40 for a lager and a cider black. The black used was clearly Asda Smart Price and definitely not the usual Schweppes or Britvic most pubs would use. Tasted crap. Beer had two inches of head. Staff are all miserable and I would be too if I had to rip off all my friends I'm serving!

Avoid!!!

1  Thank 28jbkh28
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

The rebrand seems to have improved the service and the quality of the food since it operated under the Wetherpoons flag. Definitely a decent spot for lunch or breakfast

1  Thank Aaron KD B
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Somewhat grim, verging on rough, inside. Food was pretty average, not terrible but wouldn't think of returning really. Barstaff were friendly.

1  Thank teresa a
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Avoid this place at all costs. Visited on Sunday (23rd Aug) with my partner, partner's mum and our 2 week old baby. Ordered three jacket potatoes with two pints of orange and lemonade and one pint of lager....for £30. But it was Ok as it was a Sunday and there seemed little else on offer in the town. An hour later nothing had appeared and despite numerous complaints to the bar staff who promised to get back to me nothing ever happened. The best was the guy behind the bar who promised to sort things out and then went on to serve other customers hoping I'd go away. When the food finally arrived it was cold, poor and tiny. The said man behind the bar popped out to ask if everything was OK and we told him (politely ) that it wasn't. He said he'd see it things and then...disappeared and never came back!

And to make it even better, I emailed the pub later that evening to complain and had a really rapid from a 'Luke' claiming to be the the manager. He said he'd look into things and get back to me the following day...Guess what...its 4 days later and I haven't heard a thing. A shocking place that is as clueless as it's poor.

3  Thank Sean H