“Great pub”

Cuisines: British
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Description: A Smith and Jones Pub
Reviewed 20 June 2015

In contrast to the previous posts, i find it hard to see the downsides to this pub, as a regular visitor to Boston (i'm Irish) i have always found not only the staff to be attentive and courteous, but also very pleasant and engaging in banter, something i see the other local pubs lack in, hence I've made it my local when visiting, the pub has seen a lot off improvements made to it in my times visiting which is a credit to the current staff and management, perhaps if the previous posters took the time to actually experience what this pub has to offer rather than post the one visit one post attitude then its ratings and there experience here would improve, as it is a great pub and its staff and patrons are a credit to Boston.. looking forward to when i next visit..

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

Weird set up...staff cant find items on till so they order you something different and thinks thats ok....i ordered the steak sandwich with onions...i just got 2 slices of thin brown bread...probably a cheap value brand..the steak was ok.but no onions...no garnish and appeared to be cut with a blunt knife...i could have made that myself...i did mention to bar staff and she was sorry...just a tip..if your trying to build a better reputation than before by changing name..at least put some effort into the food and try to promote rather than a boozy pub.

1  Thank barty78
Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

I have been before and food was ok but got to say we went in yesterday and they have launched a new menu all I can say awesome well done to the chef. So if you not been for a while I would give it a try again

Reviewed 1 March 2015

This bar is full of alcoholics by day and chavs by night, if your not from boston avoid at all costs on a Friday and Saturday night unless you fancy getting your head kicked in or your looking for a hit.

Reviewed 18 December 2014

Could be a lovely place - nice location, atmospheric building. Ordered food before I went to upstairs loo, state of which should have prompted cancellation of order. But we persevered. All we wanted was a quick, hot snack - their 'famous' Great British Brunch for him, a jacket potato for me. Now this is Lincolnshire - squillions of miles of agri-land, famous for its produce, fantastic market right on the Waterfront's doorstep. The effort they must have made to find a truly tasteless spud defies description. It arrived half-an-hour after ordering - cold, but somebody obviously noticed so had kindly melted the butter. 'Extra' was a dollop of coleslaw, probably scooped out of the bottom of a tub and definitely not worth either comment or star-rating. The brunch might have been 'British', but great it wasn't- essentially a breakfast of half-cooked sausage & sloppy egg and bacon, with under-cooked tomato & over-cooked mushroom. The only way this could ever achieve greatness is as a Turner Prize exhibit. Only bonus was that it made me feel better about my own cooking.

1  Thank JStefL
BostonWaterfront, General Manager at Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

I am sorry to hear that your had a bad experience with us and would like to hear from you so that we can try to rectify the problem you had.

If you would like to email manager@bostonwaterfront.co.uk and I will be glad to get back to you.

Regards