All reviewsthe publovely countrysidereal alecomfortable roomnight's sleepevening mealone nightwifinoisebedroom
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Ideal for use when visiting Land Rover experience, Rockingham Castle or just travelling through the region. Very good home cooked food, recommend the pie, comfortable modern rooms , pleasant friendly welcome. Peaceful location.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I had emailed a question & that was answered straight away.
We received a txt on the morning of our arrival asking what time we estimated arriving which was a lovely personal touch.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the lovely Kevin, I even had my bag carried..chivalry isn't dead after all.
Shown to a lovely room, which was more than adequately equipped & better than some hotels, variety of teas & coffees & even chocolate bars, bottles of water, toiletries, hair dryer & even ear plugs. The bathroom was ideal, very comfy & large single beds. Great having the menu in our room. We went & had the most delicious dinner & desserts to die for. All fresh local produce with daily specials. Breakfast was again amazing with so much variety. We even were able to request our breakfast for a set time as we were competing at the KCI agility festival so were up & our early. Nothing was too much trouble for Kevin & his lovely wife, even offering to fill my coffee flask up for me. Very dog friendly, we are definitely returning next year. The staff were all lovely & friendly as were the locals. Always being asked how we'd done & wishing us good luck for the day ahead. Absolutely lovely little place with such amazingly friendly owners & staff, we miss you guys already! See you soon x

Stayed: August 2017
Royal George C, Owner at The Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Dee thanks for taking the time to review The Royal George we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us as a small family run buisiness we like to treat our guests as we would like to be treated wether the full stay like yourselves or just a pint in the bar we try to make you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again next year maybe with a champion.
Thanks Kevin

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed over for one night, lovely little pub in a nice location with excellent food for dinner and breakfast and good beers.
My room was situated over the decking area outside which on a nice night is busy but not so nice trying to sleep with the noise under the window. I know it's a pub but it stopped around about 11 pm.
My work colleague was the opposite end of me of the pub and I thought his sleep would be better but informed me it wasn't as he was facing the car park below him which was as noisy. Still I can't knock the pub and rooms and food as all was excellent.. just if your looking for a early night then just be warned.

Royal George C, Owner at The Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review the Royal George we are glad you enjoyed the pub and food but we are sorry about the noise from outside. Room 1 and 2 are the quietist so if you come to see us again just ask for one of them. Thanks Kevin

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Quiet village so a good nights sleep. Off road parking, good ale, great evening meal and breakfast. Deck outside in the sunshine. Room good size, clean,ensuitewoth shower. Pub has atmosphere.Recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Royal George C, Owner at The Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us we are glad you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks Kevin

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Having never visited before, I chose the Royal George on the basis of some good reviews, which turned out to reflect accurately my experience.

First of all the arrival - apart from no sign to direct me where to go, I was immediately made to feel welcome, and it is so unusual nowadays for the proprietor to show you to the room - excellent!

My room was very clean and tastefully furnished, and the bedroom was quite spacious. The en suite bathroom was a little on the small size, which was fine except for the toilet which when I had to, ahem, sit down, my knees were up against the wall! The complimentary bottled water and chocolate bar was a nice touch. The room was also quite quiet, except when the person in the adjacent room was using what I assume was his or her bathroom - I had a very good night's sleep.

The free WiFi is excellent - I've never experienced a service in a hotel with such a high speed. Why can't all hotels offer WiFi like that?

Breakfast was served in the oldest part of the pub, and the proprietor gave me a very interesting history of the building. I ordered the poached eggs from the menu which were delicious.

I also ate in the pub the previous evening. First of all the real ale is kept really well, which is always a good sign. I ordered the chili burger which was very tasty, and the chips served with it could only be described as spectacular! The food wasn't cheap but was good value for money.

For what I paid for B&B, along with what I paid for the evening meal, I was very impressed (even though my Company was paying...) - I've paid much more for worse accommodation, service and food. If I ever need to stay in the area again I will definitely use this place again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Royal George C, Owner at The Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and food we look forward to doing it again for you soon a little tip ask for room 2. Thanks Kevin