All reviews high street off road parking iron and ironing board trouser press function room single room fawlty towers town centre bed was comfortable a bit tired stayed one night would stay again plenty of parking salmon evening meal bar area breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I stayed here for 2 weeks whilst working in the area and was in one of the "contractor" rooms. Whilst the decor was looking a little tired, the cleanliness was of a good standard.
The bed was comfortable and being at the rear of the hotel, I enjoyed undisturbed sleep.

I am unable to comment on the standards of the regular guest rooms, but I was happy enough with my accommodation.
Furthermore, the food was good and a good choice of menu.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived 4pm on a Friday, for one night. Plenty of free parking at rear of hotel. Very friendly reception. Offered a room in the stables, ground floor. The only windowing opened onto the smoking area. Room smelled damp.

We changed room to first floor in the main building. Had a small fan, and a small top light window to open, but it was boiling

Shower room was functional

Rested in the room for half an hour, and just roasted

Shame they didn’t have proper opening windows. You wouldn’t keep livestock in those temperatures.

We left.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I called in by chance as I was nearing the end of my driving ban because of a stroke. I had compared the competition and of the two decided to choose The Angel. The bar was busy with a similar age group to myself. The choice of Trad beer was adequate. I had a pint of Pedigree at a fair price and a Roast Sirloin of beef sandwich which was excellent. The meat was rare, the salad which came with it was fresh and had NO wilted leaves and the crisps were, well crisp. I was given a newly opened jar of Horseradish sauce to help myself from. The service was very good and the staff dressed in smart Hotel uniform were both helpful and polite. Last but not least the background music was Classic F.M. I shall visit again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a recent stay at The Angel
I particularly liked the public rooms including the lovely dining room. The room was clean with good facilities though decor was a little tired.
Breakfast was great, nicely presented with great friendly service from the young waitress.
The hotel is in a central position with good parking available.
We would return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Popped over to the Angel for my sister’s 60th and overnight stop. Really impressed by the staff at the reception and bars who made our night a great night.

Room was comfy and reasonably priced and the beds were great
and I was at the back and hardly heard the thunderstorm so room was well insulated!

Thanks again for your hard work.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family