“nice cafe tucked away”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2015

we regularly come to the canteen for breakfast on a saturday morning. the young staff are attentive and friendly, the coffee good and a nice atmosphere.
Nice menu, great crepe! And a good selection of home made cakes.
We will continue popping in

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Rang The Canteen to make sure they had some tartiflette. Went in for lunch, what a lovely unusual place nothing matches but it doesn't matter just very quaint. I had a wonderfully presented large bowl of tasty tomato soup and my husband had the tartiflette, he loved it some much a bought some to bring home. The lovely thing about this place is that dogs are welcome so you always find a place to eat without worrying about the pooch. We will be back but will make sure the tartiflette is on the menu that day. Forgot to say the staff are lovely.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

I go to the Canteen once in a while - probably once a month. I go at various times of the day - and week, sometimes for just coffee and cake, other times for something savoury. I go there because I have found out that whatever the time of day, there is always something available to eat, and it is always good quality. Whether it is a quiche and salad, or one of their large variety of unusual cakes, you can guarantee that the standard is high, and the ingredients healthy. Unlike other cafes in Nailsworth, I have never had walk out because it is the wrong time of day for cake, or a hot meal. This has become my first stop for victuals in Nailsworth, and that is why I give it five stars. The décor is quirky, and not the most comfortable seating around, but that pales into insignificance when compared with their total reliability.

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

We've been here several times now and always enjoyed delicious hone made cake, a wide variety of drinks and a quirky friendly atmosphere & decor

Reviewed 14 March 2015

This place is a real treasure. The choice of breakfasts was wonderful. We opted for a Turkish breakfast, one was enough for two to share. Pan-fried halloumi, salad, poached eggs, a lovely dip, lots of herby flatbreads, stuffed vine leaves… It was wonderful and made me feel like I was on holiday! My friend's American breakfast looked tiny in comparison but it wasn't. Two delicious waffles, crispy bacon and maple syrup. The others had Americanos and I had a decaff soya latte. The range of cakes was wonderful and made the counter look very inviting; I liked the open-style shelving and everything was attractively arranged. As my friend said it felt like we had popped into somewhere in a big city, it was so top-of-the-range. The adjoining shop is worth a visit too and filled with irresistible things including stylish homewares and gifts. We were starving hungry after lots of red wine the night before and this proved the perfect place to fix that. I will definitely be back!