“Night out”

The Vault Nailsworth
Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Nailsworth
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Description: This elegant, funky wine bar has a vibrant feel and decor and serves a mix of tapas, cocktails and wine alongside craft ales and beers. It has a dining area on a mezzanine floor and two outside garden areas.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely evening with great tasting plates. Particular mentions to Molly and Cam (Bar), Ruby (Waitress) and Ezra (Head Chef).

Christo A, General Manager at The Vault Nailsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Hi Helene,

So lovely to see you all last Saturday, we are glad you enjoyed yourselves immensely.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We had been here for cocktails and tapas previously and been impressed so decided to come for an evening meal.

My mojito tasted of pure lime juice but as it had taken 10 minutes to make after ordering I decided not to bother complaining. On being told ' sit where ever you want' I had to retrieve menus myself. Ordering one dish entailed the waitress finding out if it was available only for her to not return to complete our order for some time as she clearly had more pressing things to do.

Apparently the menu had changed but no one had bothered to update the actual menus so when we finally had the waitress take our order we found here were many other things unavailable.

An hour had passed by this point. It was now too late to escape and go to another restaurant. Some food then started to arrive. But not all the dishes we had ordered. And the food was somewhat ropey, nachos for example being greasy fried flour tortillas with greasy cheese. Fried food was the main theme, especially for the small plates.

And then the dish we had checked the availability of simply didn't arrive. We failed to attract the attention of staff to ask where it was (or even order drinks).

Finally we got the bill only to be asked how everything was. I just had to laugh. I have never been to a more disorganised restaurant or experienced such incredibly poor service. 20% was knocked off our bill without asking but quite frankly even then I was tempted to ask for more but the waitress looked broken.

2  Thank wemma2017
Christo A, General Manager at The Vault Nailsworth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. I can only offer my sincerest apologies for an awful experience with us on the night in question, without doubt one of the worst shifts I have overseen in my years of managing restaurants. I can temper my apology with the fact that we have a new young kitchen team who are finding their feet, several members of staff called in sick on the evening in question, and a massive delivery of specialist items did not arrive until it was far too late to prepare it, but realistically that is not relevant to you, the customer. Mojitos continue to be a bugbear of mine, and the staff cocktail training remains ongoing.

Rest assured that the restaurant operates very well, and we are so sorry that you had to experience us at our least impressive. The menu is constantly evolving, and we endeavour to improve every aspect of your experience on your next visit to us. Please email me at events@thevaultnailsworth.co.uk so we can offer you another chance to dine with us, on the house, so you can change this review to a five star, for that is where we aim.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

First time I've been to the Vault and I can't recommend enough. Great setting, brilliant service and the food was faultless. Special mention to the chef - Ezra who cooked out food to perfection. I'll definitely be coming here again and again and again!

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your kind words- Ezra is a real star and our menu is consistently improving and evolving with him at the helm. We are so happy you enjoyed yourselves, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Enjoyed my second Sunday in a row at The Vault. It is a lovely venue in an old bank and every Sunday does a music slot which is a great reason to get out if the house. Obviously, different music appeals to different tastes but it is a great concept. I noted this week they had a flyer of lunch, music and bottomless bloody Mary's / Mimosas for £10. We did a double take to be honest and you have to be honest where can you get a deal like this for a Sunday relaxation. I am not sure if this is a one off promotion or ongoing. Either way a great local venue that deserves supporting with friendly staff and a welcoming owner. Will certainly be putting my ongoing support behind the venue and think you should give it a go too.

Hi Alan,

Bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys will be ongoing for every Sunday of the year from 12pm-9pm! It is such a great offer, and combined with the live music, makes us a great Sunday destination for a drink and a sing along. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Awful place for food!

Gave it a second go after a very bad 1st try a few months ago. Service 2nd time was better but food horribly disappointing! The best bit was anchovy toasts but even they were seemingly from a jar. Chorizo was over-fried and dry, Moroccan lamb kofta was nasty - dry, tasteless and served with a pile of leaves and a bit of Harissa that tasted like supermarket own

We go often for a cocktail - and the wine is decent and very well priced. But as a food venue it's one of the least impressive around

3  Thank Anne G

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your review. Obviously we are devastated not to live up to your expectations, and we can only apologise for the food not being up to scratch on this occasion. We are constantly evolving our menu, and with a new head chef on board this month, we are looking forward to improving and impressing you on your next visit to us.

We are glad you enjoy the drinks, our wine list is just the right blend of variety and quality, and the cocktail menu has plenty of classics and a few modern creations to tickle every taste bud. Looking forward to seeing you soon.