“Outstanding food, great location”
Review of Alexandra

Alexandra
Ranked #37 of 85 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Easily the best food we ate in Lyme Regis was at the Alexandra, when we popped in for lunch. There were a wide range of vegetarian options on the lunch menu, and we dined al fresco in their very lovely and very well kept garden. The food really was superb, not only the best food that we ate in Lyme Regis, but the best meal that I have had anywhere for quite some time.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Just a perfect place in spite of the fact that I thought may be Coco, my Labrador wouldn't be welcome, well he was - royally. A delicious meal in the bar with thick linen on the table of moules et frites and delicious, what I imagine was homemade bread. A magical place with lovely views of the sweeping lawns and the ocean. Not a complaint, but I don't think the 'orange' does the place any favours due to the recent upgrade.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Lunch in the sun, on the veranda was fantastic, crab sandwiches served by happy smiley staff along with glasses of fizz from local winery ,the very best ever, followed by a cream tea as we were enjoying ourselves so much here in the beautiful garden and the sea views below. Fab fab fab

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We booked some weeks ago, it was my friends birthday and the restaurant were aware of this. They asked on the phone if I wanted a sparkler with her dessert and I agreed. They remembered my food allergies, but totally forgot it was her birthday.

We were sat on an uncomfortable table where two of us could not get our legs under, next to the kitchen door which opened and shut all evening, and the waiters constantly knocked my friends chair. There were plenty of other unoccupied tables in the restaurant.

The barman was really friendly and welcoming but our 'waiter' didn't seem to do much waiting, he rushed about and really seemed too busy doing not much at all. He got our pudding order wrong, even though I saw him write it down correctly, and then did not respond well when we had some comments about the food. I think there are much better places to eat in the town which is a shame as it is a lovely building and a great position.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017

They had run out of the seafood palter for two as a main by 7.30 pm.
I guess we should take this as a positive to how popular it is but i must admit I was a little disappointed that a quality establishment by the coast at a town with a fishing harbour was sold out of seafood platter so early in the evening. I guess the advice would be if that is what you want then mention it at booking time. We had it the previous time we dined here and it was tremendous.
The evening is not a cheap one, but I don't think you book a table here expecting cheap meal. Whilst expensive the ingredients are clearly high quality and well prepared.
Overall a delightful evening, and a venue I would recommend if you are expecting to pay up to £150 for dinner for two with wine

Date of visit: May 2017