“Excellent lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 of us went for lunch here and had an incredible experience. I had the set autumn lunch menu - I am still thinking about that rice pudding dessert! My partner ordered from the a la carte menu. My set menu lunch was an absolute bargain for what I got - thoroughly enjoyed every morsel and the oyster and breads were delicious.
Service was efficient and very understated - exactly what you want - and the staff were very knowledgeable when it came to the menu.
I will not hesitate to come here again - I only wish I lived closer!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having previously dined here, we knew what to expect - attentive service, incredible food, amazing attention to detail and most of all, excellent value for money for the quality of its offering.

As my partner is allergic to fish, I made sure I mentioned this at booking having previously been presented with an oyster (it looks lovely!) and the team were already aware prior to giving us the menu and guided us through the menu accordingly. We opted for the Ragu, rib of beef followed by puff pastry and bread and butter pudding. All were flavourful, excellently cooked and delicious! Our server recommended the rib be served medium which we agreed to (although we'll happily eat steak blue) and it was succulent and juicy - in fact, perfect for the cut!

This was my birthday meal and was presented with a gorgeous bespoke card with a wonderful drawing of the restaurant by a local artist and a wax seal.

Another incredible meal, and look forward to returning next August after our wedding, if we can secure a table!

A huge well done to the whole team; your passion shines through!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We'd been looking forward for several months to our first visit to No 6 and were not disappointed. The food, service and ambiance are all first class. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Treating our daughter/husband and two grandchildren for lunch to celebrate my daughters birthday.We all selected the two course set menu except for a deviation on the sweets. The food and service was excellent, very good value for money

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been twice before, and for good reason. First class food and service. What’s not to like. Our third visit was even better. They have refurbished the restaurant and it’s fab. The meal was another level and the staff were lovely. Can’t recommend it enough!

Date of visit: November 2018