1,080 results
All reviews cowshed spa outdoor pool land rover sea view beach hut king room art deco open kitchen spa hotel board games self catering family hotel bar menu the cliff changing rooms sun loungers daymer bay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve just returned from 2 nights here as part of a business/social trip. What a fabulous hotel! Great location, super friendly and helpful staff who bent over backwards to arrange transport for 10 of us throughout the day/evening. We had drinks on the terrace and ate breakfast in the restaurant- food great with plenty of choice. All staff we met from the cleaners to the waitresses, Land Rover driver and hotel check in team were all very friendly and helpful which was a breath of fresh air. I stayed in a cosy room which was very well equipped with everything you need - tea/coffee, robes/flip flops, straighteners etc Sky TV and a well stocked mini bar with complimentary fresh milk. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the bedding soft and cozy. We didn’t get to use the pool/spa so I can’t comment on that but we did use the coastal path that runs from the hotel and you can take a scenic 45min walk to Rock beach. I will absolutely be returning with my husband and would highly recommend to friends/family.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Hayley F
Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at St. Moritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear ' Hayley F'

Thank you so much for posting a review on your recent business stay with us. We are so pleased you had a wonderful stay enjoying the extremely comfortable Cosy room amenities, the complimentary land rover shuttle service and the fabulous Cornish breakfast served daily in our Shorecrest Restaurant with locally sourced produce.

It is a pleasure to hear that you received the very best service from the friendly team throughout the hotel and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you once again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's hard to be critical of the St Moritz - especially as it's in our favourite place. The staff are great, friendly and efficient. The location is fantastic although apartments have the views and normal rooms, including the dining room and bar, only have a view of the back of the building. Our room was well arranged and very comfortable.
What is not so wonderful is the kitchen. I'm sure that at its best the prices are justified. But it's not always at its best. I chose dressed crab for one meal. I didn't expect a (large) portion of pink coloured crab with so much chopped onion in it that the crab taste was overwhelmed. To follow we had treacle tart. Cold, with hard pastry. Frankly they looked and tasted like supermarket fare. Perhaps the head chef was off duty, but this meal was frankly poor.
Overall, a comfortable hotel with lovely staff; but pricy and with a below par restaurant.

1  Thank skippo_10
Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at St. Moritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 'skippo_10'

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at St Moritz.

It is a pleasure to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our fantastic coastal location on the North Cornish coast and the service provided from our friendly team. I am so sorry to hear of your dining experience whilst staying with us, I have passed your feedback on to our Head Chef to investigate, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel looks massive but only has 55 rooms. The other houses are privately owned.

We only used the bar area and restaurant for breakfast which was very good!
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a very good spa.
Staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The room was modern and well equipped with tea/coffee making facilities and a mini bar.
The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in!
They have a 7 seater Landrover to take guests to Polzeath, Rock or Damer Bay. You just call them and they'll come and collect you- A fantastic, thoughtful idea.

My only criticism was the tall Pampas grass outside the room blocked the sea view, otherwise perfect.

I would highly recommend this hotel, its not cheap, but worth every penny and I look forward to staying here again.

1  Thank AnEnglishmansOpinion

Dear 'AnEnglishmansOpinion'

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a fantastic review on your recent stay with us at St Moritz.

We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, from the indoor and outdoor swimming pools to the luxurious and comfortable beds! It is a pleasure to hear your kind words regarding the friendly team and the complimentary land rover shuttle service, we do like our guests to travel to the beaches in style!

Thank you once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Spent two nights bed and breakfast, great location with short walk to the beaches and cliff top walks. Transportation to Rock and Polzeath worked well. Breakfast was delicious with extensive choice. Room was clean and neat with fantastic cowshed toiletries.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at St. Moritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 'neillynda'

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fabulous comments on your recent stay with us at St Moritz. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful two night stay, enjoyed our fantastic coastal location and the delicious locally sourced Cornish breakfast in our Shorecrest Restaurant.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Very chaotic hotel with no leadership. I imagine the GM here does not really care as the staff don't either. The owner of this hotel does not visit this hotel otherwise things would be changed. They take your money but do not really care if you have had a good time or not.

Great location, rooms are really well presented if a little overpriced.

Breakfast was excellent, but dinner was garbage

Room Tip: Sea View...
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at St. Moritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear 'brfcfan'

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us at St Moritz, I am sorry to hear that it was not as glowing as it should be, the friendly team are usually so highly commended on their outstanding service.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic coastal location between Rock and Polzeath and the delicious Cornish breakfast served at our Shorecrest Restaurant. If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to email me at chloe@stmoritzhotel.co.uk.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.