“Very Pleasant Spot”

The Rocketeer Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 44 Restaurants in North Berwick
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are located in North Berwick, in the original 'Rocket House' in Victoria Road, near the harbour. In past times, the Rocketeers fired lines to boats in distress. Previously open air, we completed the building in June 2018 to convert the restaurant into a fully enclosed space. We now serve food from our seasonal menu using local products all year round. This is where great food meets the elements ! We also serve our menu on a 'to go' basis.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Out for a little drive to one of our favourite places in East Lothian. Bright sunny day with great views out to the Bass Rock and the mouth of the Forth Estuary. Both plumped for haddock in batter and the trimmings. So fresh, my plate was cleared in double quick time. Plans for a permanent conservatory around the building this year, making it a year round rather than seasonal venue. We'll definitely be back to see that, although most likely will have to book in advance!

1  Thank jimibob

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Fresh food cooked badly. No taste what so ever. Crab cakes alll potatoes with not a hint of crab on the pallet.
Cous cous salad you could build a wall with, dry & tasteless.
The produce is fresh, the chef, obviously not.

4  Thank Laboccamia
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Great little place by the harbour obviously local sourced seafood top of the menu food delicious served by very pleasant and courteous staff

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have been here for a Sunday lunch with my girlfriend and it was really nice, nonetheless the weather a bit rainy!

The chowder was tasty and packed with flavour and the chef wasn't shy at all with the fish and seafood in it. There's nothing more depressing than a nice chowder with just a few bits in it!

I had a fish and chips. The batter was crispy and not soggy, like I love it! My gf had mussels and I must admit they had a slightly unpleasant bitter aftertaste, but it might have been my mouth.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Even on a grey day in NB, my girlfriend and I enjoyed a delicious lunch here. All the food was lovely and the staff were great.I would recommend the seafood platter between two and a bowl of chowder just to get a but of absolutely everything. Can't wait to go back on a sunny day next year !