“NOISY etc”

Wereham House Hotel
Wereham House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thetford
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The rooms have THIN BOARD walls and we were kept AWAKE ALL NIGHT BY NOISY GUESTS. Because the walls are board you can hear EVERYTHING (nice for PERVS though) Then noisy early morning BIN LORRIES topped it off. The TVs are cheap and tiny and you have to sit on top to view them (how do elderly & poor-sighted watch TV there ? ) Like the TELEVISION, The kettle is also TINY & CHEAP. It's a camping one that takes ages to boil. When I told the OWNERS about the noise, they said nothing and just GRINNED. ( instead of apologising or promising to do better, eg)
Also, was cold in room when I arrived and the female was obviously annoyed that I dared to say so. Altogether it was expensive considering all the faults and a SLEEPLESS NIGHTMARE thankfully only lasting one night as I would NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. Other Thetford Guest Houses are SO SUPERIOR , Thank God..

Room Tip: Impossible. I checked other walls and they all seem to be made of board. Ergo NOISY
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Wareham House a few weeks ago as we were racing at Snetterton Circuit.

The reception I got was fantastic, the owners Peter & Roela really want you to have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
The room was comfortable, clean and very nice. The breakfast fantastic and a very big thank you to Roela for ironing my shirt for me.

I will definitely be back next time I'm in town.

Thank you both.

Rich

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

If you are in the area stay at Wareham House. We traveled as a family of 6 adults and 1 small child. From the time we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome, our small granddaughter was also very well catered for. Nothing is too much trouble for Peter & Roela, rooms are spotless and the breakfast is probably one of the best hotel breakfast we have ever eaten. We arrived as guests and left as friends!

Room Tip: added bonus free off street parking
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this quaint little B&B the night before visiting a spa. Found the owners to be extremely polite and helpful including arranging dinner for us at a lovely local country pub. Also spotted a rare golden crested pheasant just strolling around the car park

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My self and my partner stayed for one night on Saturday. Service staff were very welcoming and provided guidance of local restaurants. I have stayed in a few of the hotels in the area and this one has by far been the best. It's a home from home. Plenty of breakfast options available in the morning after a very comfortable sleep. 10/10. We are definitely using this hotel again and will be recommending to family and friends.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thetford
0 km away
9.4 km away
Brandon House
Brandon House
#1 of 1 in Brandon

Been to Wereham House Hotel? Share your experiences!