“Birthday lunch”

Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Thetford
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve up delicious dishes full of seasonal flavour and a variety of drinks including local cask ales, and all of your bottled favourites. So come along, make yourself at home, and let the team look after you. With outdoor seating for dining when the weather is warm, The Warrener is a relaxed, family friendly pub restaurant. Serving a variety of classic British pub dishes, & tempting puddings, we have plenty of cosy corners in which you can enjoy a refreshing pint of beer or a glass of wine. If you're looking for a family day out in Thetford, we're not far from the Dad's Army Museum, Go Ape at Thetford & the Ancient House Museum of Thetford Life, & just a 4 minute drive from Thetford Rail Station.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

No meet and great here and at least 20 minute wait for a waitress to turn up, dirty table and floor, poor. Toilets were not acceptable, the only good part was the car park.

warrenerthetfordgm, General Manager at The Warrener, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

I would like to apologise for your recent visit at our restaurant. We would like to learn more about your specific situation and try to put things right. If you wouldn’t mind calling us on 01842 826 120 we would appreciate it. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a 1330 booking and they gave us a nice big table. The choice of food was very good and they had a lot of different choices for the kids which was very good value.

The waitress we had looked rushed off her feet and made a couple of mistakes but when we pointed those out she was really apologetic and sorted the issues as quickly as possible. They were nothing major just forgotten items off the order. It’s Easter so very busy and they looked under staffed so it’s understandable things may get forgotten. Food came out quickly, kids had crayons and stuff to write on to keep them entertained.

The new chicken escalope on the menu which I had was a really good choice and I would recommend it.

Very well priced and a nice restaurant!

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us at the Warrener. I am pleased to hear that our team made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your visit with great food at the Warrener. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed in the adjoined Premier Inn so ate here for tea. After consulting the Table Table website it showed an offer of mums eat free on sundays. Excellent. Waitress arrived and we enquired about the offer, “I’ve worked here for 2 years love and there’s no such offer!” This then prompted me to show her the website. “I’m not arguing with you, speak to the manager”. She then left and returned with the manager. He was a little more polite but again said we needed a code but guaranteed we wouldn’t find the code. What a surprise then that we couldn’t log on to our account on the table table web site. They waitress was just really rude and then was sarcastic about the fact that no one is ever able to
Log into the website from the restaurant like it is was purposeful.. Anyhow the food was reasonably good. The following morning we ate breakfast here. It was mediocre at best, not particularly warm and served much too quick for the food to have been cooked fresh.

I am so sorry to hear about your recent visit, we are normally known for our exceptional service and food and I’m so sorry on this occasion we failed to deliver your expectations. My name is Hazel and I am the General Manager my contact number is: 01842 826 120 I would like to discuss this visit with yourself, please contact me at your earliest convenience

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A lunchtime visit including children. The waitress was very accommodating getting us the best possible table for our party of adults and children, Food average but well priced,

warrenerthetfordgm, General Manager at The Warrener, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your review of the Warrener. I appreciate your positive feedback about our restaurant. We do take pride in catering for our guests needs the best we can. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Lunchtime visit with a group of friends. Quick friendly service in nice clean restaurant. Food wasn’t anything special but perfectly fine for a lunchtime catch up. Reasonably priced and never felt rushed.

Thank you for posting a review. I have shared your feedback with all of my team, they will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to the Warrener. We can’t wait to see you again very soon