“Such fun”
Review of Bishop's Boats

Bishop's Boats
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Blakeney
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily boat trips to see the seals ( guaranteed )IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE Sadly, but with some degree of relief I have decided to no longer respond to any trip advisor reports from November 2016 onwards. I have always been pleased that Bishops Boats responded appropriately ( I hope ) to every one and thank you all for the generally great reviews, and the feedback from the very few not so great ones. There are also a few very unfair and unjustifiable ones included also. To the few trolls our there, you don't realy win because your comments are transparent and a waste of only your own time, no longer mine. Compliments are easy but complaints ( especially spurious ones ) are incredibly time consuming and while every genuine customer is very important to us it is with 136 reviews( most are good or excellent) to date, over 4 years it is a tiny proportion of our business consuming an inappropriate amount of time. This I believe is because TA is generally a sounding board ( at least originally ) for bad catering and accommodation experiences. It may have grown beyond its own natural capacity as everything it seems can now be rated, but is often only done if things go wrong or someone has has a grudge or a gripe. Please do feel free to comment I am grateful, but please try to be fair and be truthful. I will occasionally now look at reviews and take on board comments.I will not check religiously any longer in case I have inadvertently upset someone, or someone has got something wrong. If things go wrong I will put them right on the day as always where I can, if appropriate comments are made then, not after the event! I will no longer comment on posts whether good, bad, indifferent or fake. If you have a genuine complaint you can tell as many people as you like about it on the internet, but if you really want something done about it please speak to me! Thank you for taking the time for past and future comments. Paul Bishop - owner - Bishops Boats Seal Trips
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We picked our tickets up at Blakeney Quay and then took the short (about 30 minutes or so) pretty coastal path through the salt marshes to Morston Quay. Once on the boat we had a short health and safety talk and then set off. The skipper was very knowledgeable and we were lucky enough to see Terns and their chicks as well as seals and cubs. Really enjoyed the whole trip.

1  Thank cadbury2016
"car park"
in 18 reviews
"recommend this trip"
in 7 reviews
"plenty of photo opportunities"
in 4 reviews
in 7 reviews
"national trust cafe"
"fantastic opportunity"

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Ann and I loved every minute of our trip. Not many seals to be seen, but that's how it is sometimes. The crew were great to talk to, very informative. Loved it!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Great Yarmouth apparently !! Went a seal trip earlier this month. Very disappointed to only see 1 seal from a distance swimming off the point. When I asked if this was unusual I was told they follow the fish and for a while had been in great Yarmouth. I know they have a busjness to run , but really !! To be fair all the other boat companies were running trips also I'm sure there were no seals to be seen. Not the best £12pp I've ever spent !

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve tried 4 times now to see the seals at blakeney but either weather has interfered or times didn’t fit in with our travel times.

We arrived on a very wet Saturday and were told boat would go for an hour instead of 2 as weather so poor.

We sailed out to the point & eventually saw 1 seal!! Not very impressed. My husband asked a crew member why there weren’t any and was told “oh they’re down at Great Yarmouth where the fish are”! Luckily my husband didn’t tell me this till later or there may have been a man overboard!

Shocking they charged people £12 each knowing full well there’s no seals in the area.