“Light lunch. ”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Went last month to for a celebratory family light lunch. I've never been bothered before as you can't book and there are plenty of good places around where you can.

Why take a chance on a long wait for a table when you can just call somewhere else and book yourself in?

My kids love it here though. They persuaded me and we arrived at 1150 to secure a lunch table.

I've been to the H&F a few times over the years. When it first opened my wife and I used to go a lot. Then it got impossible to get in to without credit cards and twelve months notice. TK's food is well known to me and so I rolled back the years and had the fish (goujons) and the triple cooked chips. In my opinion these are the best triple cooked chips you can get. Dom Chapman does good ones at The Beehive. His old haunt The Royal Oak does too.

I also enjoyed the parfait and the chicken Kiev though the latter was too salty for me.

Service was excellent. Some good beer and cider options and the bill was very reasonable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Just visited here for the 3rd time in the past year. Again impressed by the quality of the food. The place is quite small and gets busy but personally I feel that adds to the experience. I have sat at tables and at the bar both of which were great. I have only visited for breakfast and have to say has been excellent on each occasion. Staff always been friendly and represented the place well. It remains on the list of places to visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for impromptu lunch - it was fantastic! Amazing food, great and quirky setting. Definitely worth a visit if you are here.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Second time at the Coach. Magnificent yet again. Food is absolutely spectacular with an easy going relaxed vibe. Michelin level food in a casual setting. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and the service is prompt. Currently my favourite place to eat in London or nearby.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I booked The Coach to have lunch with a school friend. Last time we met she took me to lovely restaurant with fabulous service, so I wanted to return the favour. When we arrived I was surprised at how compacted the tables were together. Really not the place if you didn't want your conversation overheard. There was a lot of waiting staff there so we were very surprised when they got our order wrong, twice!! We both ordered the scotch egg with a lobster bisque (nothing special) followed by the stuffed quail (good flavour but slightly tough) and some side dishes. We were bemused when they only delivered one scotch egg on one dish? Initially the waitress tried to deny she had made a mistake and suddenly we had several waiters around us. They apologised and explained that the second one would take 15 minutes. So I waited whilst my friend ate hers. We were exasperated when the same thing happened with the quail, in the meantime our side orders were getting cold. Again effusive apologies and another 20minutes until the next quail. Now at this point you would have thought someone would have taken the initiative and thought to fan the fire by offering us a glass on wine on the house? But no, not that either. I can only think that they don't appreciate their customers. The dessert was o.k. Fortunately, one had ordered the profiteroles and another the claufoutis, but we had a bit of a sour taste in our mouth by then. When the bill came we had been charged £10 per glass of wine. Its a shame, as I live locally and would like to go again but I won't be. In all honesty, I feel a little conned.

1  Thank c00kham