“Stayed whilst on Business in High Wycombe area.”

Glade End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Fuss free reception. Clean, comfortable, airy, well lit bedroom with en suite.
Tea and coffe making facility and flat panel T.V. were all fine.

I look forward to the Freeview channels being available here one day.

The freshly prepared to order breakfast was good.

Car parking was also fine.

I understand there was free WiFi Broadband available, but I did not try to use it.

It is great to be close to all the high street and restuarant facilities which Marlow has to offer.

I plan to stay at Glade End again.

Room Tip: One room does not have en suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for writing about your experience at Glade End.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room comfortable, clean and that you had time to explore the many restaurants Marlow has to offer and still have room for our fresh breakfast!
We are in the process of upgrading our TV's.
We look forward to welcoming you to Glade End in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

At the sink, the faucets of hot water and cold water are separated, if I just want to simply wash my hand or face, it's impossible to get a mild water temperature.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Glade End. I am sorry that you had problems with the hot and cold water due to the set up of our taps, we do provide plugs for our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have a very good time in Marlow thanks to Lily at Glen End. The guest house is a very good stop for business, or just a break. Very clean,professional and same time very helpful and friendly. I would recommend to all my friends and business partners.

• Stayed: February 2012
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments on Glade End and your recommendation. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the time to explore Marlow. We look forward to welcoming you to Glade End in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I needed to be at a 6p.m. meeting at Bisham Abbey and could not contemplate a drive back up north afterwards. Wanting my own private faciities, I looked on the web for somewhere to stay overnight and found Glade End. I did not completely realise about the "self check in" when I booked via the telephone and so I was pleased that my husband had decided to take the trip with me. When we arrived, after we had found our room, the lady who I had booked with came to see that we were OK. She was extremely helpful and also offered breakfast 30 minutes later than advertised which was great! I certainly appreciated my husband being with me when I returned late in the evening. That said, the deluxe double room which we booked was very comfortable and had a bath with a shower over it. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The room was on the front of the house on the main road but this did not cause any issue and we both slept extremely well. Breakfast was very good and the one member of staff that we met was extremely friendly and made sure that we had everything we wanted. I would have no hesitation in staying at Glade End again should I be in the vacinity.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for writing about your experience at Glade End.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room comfortable and clean.
Many guests like the self service check in especially those on business, however we do like to meet and greet our guests where possible.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was staying in Marlow on business and my company couldn't afford any of the local hotels, so I ended up at this Guest House. Mind you, it was still £98 per night + £3 Amex surcharge, so not exactly cheap but I guess that is the Marlow premium for you.

Anyway, after consulting TripAdvisor, I was expecting a comfortable stay and wasn't disappointed. I was ready for the self-check-in, but it is still a little strange to walk into a completely deserted house, pick up your key and head upstairs, turning lights on as you go, to find your room. I'm an unsociable sort, so this didn't bother me, but may not suit everyone.

The room ('Shelley') was very nice. No wardrobe - a hanging rail is fitted to the wall for your clothes, but a spacious enough twin-bedded room, tastefully decorated with en-suite bath. Everything was spotlessly clean, and there was a bottle of water with the tea/coffee/biscuits, all of which were renewed every day. The bed was comfortable and the location at the back of the house was very quiet making for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was nice - very fresh eggs cooked to order and served up by friendly staff.

The free wireless signal strength was excellent - a boon for business use and checking out places to eat.

Location is excellent - a genuine 5 minutes walk to the high street with reasonably priced food to be found at Francesco's if you walk straight into Marlow or at the Marlow Donkey (nice pub) if you head down Glade Road.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to write about your experience at Glade End.
We feel that our prices reflect the standard of accommodation for the Marlow area and we do accept all other cards as form of payment, along with cash.
We pride ourselves on our freshly prepared, cooked to order; English breakfast and use locally sourced fresh ingredients.
Thank you for your recommendations on restaurants, Marlow does have a good variety to choose from and all within walking distance of Glade End.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
2.8 km away
8.4 km away
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield

Been to Glade End Guest House? Share your experiences!