“Lovely ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a morning coffee and found everything about the place amazing.
Friendly staff nice coffee and the produce on sale was also amazing.
We had to call back the next day to buy bread and jams to take home.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We went here for afternoon tea and indeed the food was fine, egg & cress sandwiches, salmon sandwiches, scones with cream & jam and a choice of a cake from the counter.
Fine, but not exceptional. The cheesecake from the counter was just swiss roll with a cheesecakey centre and tinned mandarin oranges on top.The whole place really needs a makeover, everything looks very brown & dated.It is in a good position and could be so much better.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Popped in for toastie but they don't do them anymore as they can't toast bread and got complaints. Fair play. Was given option of a veggie quiche for breakfast. Hmmm. Not many options if you're a veggie. They have lots of room - suggest they invest in a toastie machine and maybe serve some cheese / veggie rolls or pasties.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We popped into Burgers for lunch whilst visiting Marlow - we had been here before and my recollections of this cafe were quite good. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations at all. They were busy, which I regarded as a good sign, but all the waitresses very young and presumably inexperienced, and they seemed to be milling around without any real purpose. We were eventually seated at a table but then we were just left - no-one seemed to think it would be a good idea for us to have some menus. We eventually had to ask for menus, and chose our food. My daughter was hoping for soup but they "don't do soup in the summer" apparently (so why put it on the menu then?). My wife and I ordered rarebit - mine with mushrooms and my wife's with bacon. I was expecting a nice big rustic chunk of bread, liberally topped with cheese and mushrooms, but what arrived was a tiny thin square of toast that looked as if it came out of a packet of Mothers Pride. The toppings were tasty, but there was simply not enough there to justify the £6.35/£6.85 price tag. The coffee (Americano) was rather meagre too - barely more than an Espresso. My daughter ordered a second milkshake but it never arrived (I don't think the waitress even bothered to write it down). We left feeling very disappointed with our lunch, and I for one was still hungry! We won't be coming back I'm afraid.

4  Thank RichardFromWokingham
Reviewed 18 August 2017

A pleasant looking café on the corner in the High Street, the glass counter display made for a very tempting array of sweet treats. Not your usual Victoria sponge or carrot cake here (although I think these may also have been available), but a good selection of French style patisseries items that looked very attractive. We were seated and brought menus quickly enough, and we had soon settled on what we wanted. A milkshake made with ice cream sounded very good we thought.

Unfortunately after that we were completely ignored. Plenty of waitresses scuttled past, but none came to take our order. Sure, it was Saturday lunchtime and they were busy, but there seemed to be plenty of staff around and they managed to make time to clear the tables. After about ten minutes we gave up and went elsewhere. A real shame as it looked very nice. We did notice that all the waitresses seemed very young which may be a contributory factor. Perhaps they ought to pay a little more and get some experienced staff in there.

2  Thank Blackth0rn