3,000 results
All reviews rock royalty steak restaurant rooftop bar studio suite rock star lagoon pool half board kids club gold deluxe rock music silver room oasis tower rock spa dj playing snow room building work amazing hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our Hard Rock Hotel experience in Playa Parasio was one of a variety of highs and lows. I've been to Tenerife a good few times and had previously stayed in this area so I knew before visiting that Playa Parasio is quite a desolate, quiet part of Adeje. However - as we were visitng a Hard Rock Hotel I was hopeful that there would be a high standard of entertainment for all ages - mostly for young adults like myself. I expected the hotel to have a bigger music culture & to have a certain 'buzz' to it similar to the restaurants across the globe but it was pretty flat. This was a little disappointing, although the majority of the performances we seen were great. If you're looking for a more lively nightlife experience I recommend setting some money aside for taxi's into Las Americas.

During our stay it was my birthday. My partner had previously contacted the hotel to arrange something special for me on the day i.e. ballons, cake, champagne. Unfortunately when the day came around there was nothing left in our room. My partner spoke to reception & they gave their apologies and came up to the room with a bottle of champagne on the house & gifted me a discounted voucher for the Rock Spa.

We booked the Montauk Steak Restaurant after reading other reviews and was looking forward to this as a birthday treat. As we were half board we got credited 30 euros each to spend. Our reservation was for 8:20pm however we didn't get seated till about 9pm - which we were a little confused about as it wasn't overly busy. On another note - another couple had waited 2 and a bit hours to be seated - so waiting times could be improved especially when guests have made a reservation in advance. After ordering our food we waited a further 45 mins and didn't actually start eating till around 10pm. I ordered my steak well done - but when it came it was still a bit undercooked to me. I'm quite particular about the way meat is cooked so this turned my stomach a little bit. Unfortunately I started to feel quite unwell during my meal (not sure if it was the heat or due to the long wait for our food having not eaten since lunch time). I couldn't finish my steak and the waiter noticed this and informed his manager. They thought that I didn't like the food and didn't understand when I tried to explain that I wasn't feeling well. I was made to feel quite embarrassed and like I was offending the staff by not finishing my meal. Not a great experience. Although, I wasn't charged for my meal which I appreciated nonetheless.

We ate in the buffet restaurant the majority of our stay as there was more variety & options for myself being an allergy & intolerance sufferer. It was clear that the hotel was understaffed as we waited about an hour for the bill & our change for our drinks. We also ate in the 3rd Half Sports Bar which was great - the staff in here were very helpful and gave me alternative options to cater for my allergies. The pool & snack bars were great for this too. The alcoholic drinks around the pool were watered down & the soft drinks were quite flat but it's expected from hotels who are trying to make money. Prices were reasonable - like any Hard Rock really.

Can't fault the rooms & the pool areas - they were lovely and clean. However the construction site at the main pool area was a bit annoying. We were informed before we arrived that there could be quite a bit of noise but I was optimistic as this usually doesn't bother me. The noise was ok although the view was pretty drastic. Thanks to the pool DJ's who tried their best to mask the construction noise!

On our last night we asked reception when check-out was - as I knew we would probably have to be out early in the morning. We were informed by a member of staff that we 'can just stay in the room till we get picked up'. I felt this was a bit strange but figured that since a member of staff told us this information that it was viable... I was wrong. We went for breakfast, went back up to the room to pack and we were locked out. I went to reception to ask what was going on and was told if I wanted back in the room I had to pay 100 euros for late check out. I explained that I had been misinformed by a colleague but this particular member of staff became quite irate. After explaining the situation we were allowed back up to the room for 15 mins to pack our cases. This situation put a bit of a downer on our last day in the sun.

Overall, the hotel is undeniably beautiful but there's a few obvious things that can be improved to make the experience better for guests. Not sure if it's because I've been to other 5 star hotels in Adeje (which were cheaper) that I felt the standards weren't as high from the Hard Rock Hotel or if it's more family orientated and I was travelling as part of a young couple. Slightly disappointed but it has the foundations to be a great hotel.

Room tip: Stayed in the Nirvana Tower - recommend higher floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel DemmiP14.
We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our buffet restaurant as well as our Sports bar.
It is a pleasure to read you also liked our pool&snack bars as well as the rooms and our pools.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.
We are surprised about your comments of our entertainment as our Vibe team has music in all our common areas throughout the whole day as well as live performances in our restaurants and bars daily to assure all our guests have a great time, but we will pass your feedback to our Vibe manager to take actions where needed.
We are sorry to hear the inconvenience you had at our Montauk Restaurant, this is not something that usually happens as we normally get good feedback from the service and quality of food from the restaurant, we are sorry to hear this was not your perception and would have loved to assure you had a fantastic meal at our Montauk Restaurant.
For us it is of utmost importance the satisfaction of our clients as well as exceeding their expectations and ensuring they feel like real rock stars during their stay and we would like to apologize if this was not your perception.
We would like you to give us a second chance and let us demonstrate you how great our team works and how important it is for us to assure all our guests have unforgettable moments with us and leave the hotel wanting to come back.
Looking forward to having you back and ensuring your stay is amazing!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the hotel to celebrate a big birthday. We usually go to family village type hotels as we have a young child. We took the chance that there would be plenty for him to do and we weren’t wrong. The hotel was pretty quiet during our stay except for the weekend of the ‘pool party’. Check in didn’t take long however we arrived late in the evening and couldn’t hear for the singer in the lobby. We stayed in a silver suite which was fab and the views were great. We were half board and ate at all of the restaurants and whilst they were expensive (after your credits had been deducted) the food was always excellent. The service was first class and the staff very friendly everywhere you went with two exceptions. The tall blonde lady on the booking desk was rude (best to avoid) and the standard of cleaning in the room was a mixed experience. The first few days were excellent and as our stay went on, less and less was done.

The hotel was huge with several pool areas and a lagoon beach. We spent most of our time there as our son could play in the sand and it’s close to the small beach and the sea, there was live music and DJ’s and an aqua fit class daily. The food and drink was also tasty and well priced. We also attended the lagoon party (Roger Sanchez) which was free for hotel guests. Whilst we were just there for a couple of hours, it was a brilliant experience. Busy, but lots of fun. We also got to use the adult only pool on the day of the lagoon party which was great too.

In terms of the entertainment there was a singer in the main reception area every night. They were all very good however we spent most of our evenings at the Sky Bar. We also attended the Rock Candy evening which was amazing and our son really enjoyed it. There is live music everywhere, at breakfast, in the restaurants, in the hotel lobby and sky bar and at the lagoon pool. The type of live music was varied and always excellent.

We travelled with Jet 2 and the rep was fantastic. There was also a free bus to the Hard Rock Cafe, Las America’s in the morning and evening, though you need to book this in advance with the rep. The hotel also run a bus during the day.

Our son attended the kids club including the gaming area (this was the first holiday that he had attended one, he’s 7 now) which was very quiet however he always had fun there and was sad to leave. The staff were very friendly and he enjoyed the activities. He also made use of the football areas and the crazy golf.

All in all, it was a brilliant holiday in a first class hotel. Our son said it was his best holiday ever which is high praise indeed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pampered_Chick29

Thank you for sharing such a positive review Pampered_Chick29
It is a pleasure for us to read you enjoyed your stay and your son had a great time.
It is good to hear our team offered you a great service, however it comes as a surprise your comment that one of our staff was rude, as we usually receive very good comments of our team and the great work they do daily, but we would like to apologize if this was your perception.
We are pleased to read you enjoyed our pools as well as the Lagoon Party.
We are glad to know you liked the entertainment our Vibe team offers in our hotel to assure all our clients are satisfied during their stay and enjoy the live music we have here.
It is a pleasure to read your son had a good time at our Kids club and said it was his best holidays! We are so lucky of having a team that can make kids and adults have an unforgettable time with us.
We can´t wait to have you back and keep ensuring your stay is fantastic.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel; still new in appearance. 13 minute private transfer journey time. Staff were very friendly and overall we were really looked after. Did the Rock Royalty package, so received access to a lounge which served breakfast, tapas lunch and dinner, and afternoon tea. The pools are lovely (and the bar and food were great at poolside). Treated myself to a Spa experience called Wrap Remix - Ana the therapist was amazing. Highly recommend it to anyone who just wants to be pampered. We ate at two restaurants at the hotel; the steak restaurant called Montauk, which was phenomenally good value for money for a surf and turf (a piece of fillet steak and whole lobster), and then the Japanese restaurant where the quality of fish was superb for the sushi and sashimi. Cocktail lists in all the bars had something for everyone. If you want to catch up with the sports while you're there, they have a ground floor sports bar with TVs. Honestly had one of the most relaxing times there. We will be back and next time with more of our family (young and old) next year hopefully. Thank you everyone!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SNMRW

Thank you for sharing such an incredible review SNMRW.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and our team offered you an excellent service.
it is nice to know you had the chance to choose our rock royalty level and the services within it.
Thank you for the kind words towards Ana, it is the best reward to her hard work.
we are happy to know you enjoyed the food in both of the restaurants you chose from our hotel.

We can´t wait to have you back with us soon and your family, to assure your stay is as great as this one or even better.

kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Hard Rock on the recommendation of friends. The room was a bit small for my husband, granddaughter and myself so we decided to upgrade to a suite, they didn't have a upgrade available on the 1st day as Fat Boy slim was appearing that night and the hotel was full. The next day we moved rooms and it was great until we realized our safe had been robbed! Hands up! I left the safe open by mistake and was gutted to find we'd had £500 cash and 250 Euros stolen. I reported the theft to the Duty Managed who was called Marcia and she was a waste of time! She said it's your own fault for leaving the safe open! ERRRRR I booked this space with confidence not knowing I would be robbed. THIS IS A FIVE STAR HOTEL !! I was scared of leaving my watch on the side even hiding my handbags!
The Manager Marcia who I had two meetings with just fobbed me off! The 2nd meeting she said I had to go to Las Americas Police Dept and report the theft! I said I was robbed here so bring the police here to the hotel while I make a statement! This was a joke! she gave us the telephone number and told us to ring the police ourselves.
Hard Rock works everything on a chipped wristband and they 'supposedly' have the best security in the world! so they eliminated the three of us on their video cameras and was able to see who went in our room at the time we were robbed. They obviously know who it was and when we asked what was going on with the security cameras, Marcia Duty Manager said " Sorry Data Protection" That was on day three and not a single person contacted us or asked how were were doing. My Granddaughter was scared to death in case the bad man was to come back and take her as well as more money.!
It's rare we get away for 10 days and I feel gutted for the fear my granddaughter went through and the uneasy feeling in the room. Needless to say, I won't be recommending " The spectacular Hard Rock Tenerife" to anyone.

Room tip: not sure we had a pool view
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Shelomas

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Shelomas.

We are sorry to read we did not live up to your expectations, our team works hard daily to assure all our clients have a great time
We are sorry to read the inconvenience you encountered in your room during your stay.
As soon as this was reported to us, our team did the pertinent investigation and took the necessary security measures along with the Security director to get further details of the reported issue.
As soon as you reported it, our Duty Manager, Marzia was at your disposal and explained that you had to go to the Police Department and report the theft. You requested the police to come to the hotel, but the procedure is that every person that needs to report a theft or an issue with a police officer, needs to be done in the Police department, according to the laws.
Every room has a safe for all our clients to leave their valuable objects or money inside and assure everything is safe during their stay, even though we also have a security team safeguarding our facilities and clients always.
We have a high qualified security team in the hotel who daily assure all our clients and facilities are safe and for us it is of utmost importance to assure that our clients and our hotel are in the best hands with our Security department and ensure all our guests feel safe during their stay.
For us it is of utmost importance the satisfaction of our clients as well as exceeding their expectations, however we are sorry if this was not the case.
We would like to sincerely apologize once again and wish you could give us a second chance for us to show you how good or team works and the great time our clients have at our hotel with us during their stay.
If there is anything else we could help you with or we can provide you, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than pleased to assist you.
If you wish to come back or need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will assist you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third visit and it just gets better.The attention to detail is spot on.We had some concern about potential noise from the building site before we booked, but it was almost non-existent especially with the great sound tracks playing. So a great experience in a silver studio suite.Everything from the restaurants, the room the atmosphere and of the weather were perfect. A special welcome from the manager Marzia was waiting and all the staff from reception, room to the restaurants and pools were brilliant. The 80's party night was amazing. Half board was really good value. A fanatastic stay, we will be back. Kevin and Robyn

Room tip: Half board is excellent value
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robynkev
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel Robynkev.
It is great to read you had a fantastic time once again here with us and our team offered you an excellent service.
Thank you for the special mention to our Duty Manager, Marzia, your kind words are the best reward to our team´s hard work.
It is nice to know you attended one of our Children of the 80's party and liked it.
We can´t wait to have you back with us again and keep making you have unforgettable moments!

kind regards