This Riu hotel is not as good as others we have stayed in. Perhaps we have outgrown Riu hotels. The reception staff are mixed. Some are polite and helpful whilst others are ill informed and off hand. The rooms are very small unless you get a room on the ground floor which are more spacious and have a patio. These ground floor rooms cost more. The rooms need updating - they are old fashioned but are in good order. There are a few items in the bathroom like soap and shoe cleaning sponge but again other hotels supply a wider variety of items like nail files, cotton buds, hand cream etc etc. This Riu hotel seems to be stuck in the 80's. Perhaps they have not caught up with other hotels because most of the guests are mature. The beds are firm and the pillows are hard or you can have a tiny feather pillow which is a ridiculous size. The air conditioning did not work but there was a fan in the room. Unlike other people we had no problem with sunbeds. The food is excellent and a couple of visits to the Crystal restaurant is well worth trying though the menu never varies there are choices for each course. The staff at other Riu hotels that we have stayed at are friendly and happy. I am sorry to say that this is not the case at this one. The head waiter in the restaurant is particularly miserable and very unhelpful. Do not drink the orange juice from the machine as it is awful and I am sure there is something wrong with it. The diet orange juice is far better. The coffee in the hotel is pretty bad. Whilst here 200 people went down with upset stomachs and some ended up in hospital. We were not informed about this from the hotel staff. or management. We thought that they should have warned us and told us to do extra hand washing. On a brighter note Jo the Thompson rep was very nice and also very helpful. I did not think a lot of Thompson's transfer coach where the driver played very loud 70's music presumably for his own pleasure - certainly it was not for our benefit.
I would not stay at a Riu hotel again despite having a Riu reward card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Costa de Adeje* 9 storey building* Located on the seafront * 21,000 garden * 150 m from Playa del Duque beach * Entertainments and shopping centre are within 1,8 km distance in La Caleta * 22 km from Internacional Airport Reina Sofía Tenerife Sur (TFS) * 150 m from a bus stop * The hotel has been completely refurbished in spring/summer 2015 * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje