All reviews old town spent nights well equipped kitchen roof terrace apartment
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel is awesome. Quick walk to Ferry (less than 5 min) beach and all restaurants. Hotel is beautiful and rooms are super cozy and decor is on point. Hotel also very reasonably priced. Will 100% stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
koalatarifa, Gerente at KOALA Tarifa ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Thank you very much for your words. We will very happy to see you again in Koala . Kind regards.

Reviewed 26 November 2018

***Warning: potential bed bugs!***

Unfortunately our experience didn't match the good reviews we read here and elsewhere. A combination of weird bites(probably bed bugs), clogged bathtub sink , impolite and run and professional assistance manager and the absence of staff after 5:00 PM forced us to leave early.

First of all the tub sinks get easily clogged, we had been told it's because of the sand we brought from the beach!

But the real problem started when we informed the management we experienced constant bites during nights, one of us had clear red bite marks all over her body. And this happens around only when somebody lies in the bed! The manager forwarded us to the owner, who also owns another hotel.

We had been asked to go meet the owner in her other property, but we met her assistance. Probably the most unprofessional person in hospitality industry in the western hemisphere. He was quite impolite and rude to us. Telling us that he have to reason o believe us and making hints we might be doing this to cut cost. After bullying us and hinting that the bites might be related to something that jumped to our clothes when we were in the wild or in another hotel!

And then he offered us to change hotel and take a room in their other hotel or leave without getting refund. Of course after the insults it was impossible to stay at any o their hotels. So we had chosen to leave and not to take the risk of staying in another infested room

Room tip: Stay away, potentially bed bugs!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mohamed_abdou79
Reviewed 2 November 2018

This is not a real hotel: ran by English-Spanish couple----remotely. When we arrived hotel, door was closed, and nobody answers. The neighbor told me that I have call the couple, have them come to open the door. The man came 30 minute after I made a phone call. He opened the door for us---and that's it. We were our own, no staffs, nobody in this very hidden and hard-to-find building they claim "Four Star" hotel. This is actually an apartment, should be listed on Airbnb instead of Expedia or Travelocity website, it's very misleading. If I known real fact of this so called hotel, I wouldn't book it.
The man told me he will bring me breakfast next morning at 8:30 AM, but I waited until 9:30 AM, he still didn't show up, so I called, the lady picked up, and was very upset because I was calling such "early morning". I told her this is not a breakfast, this is lunch. Fifteen minute later, the lady knocked my door, and call me "rude" to make such a phone call in "early morning". I apologized, told her that as an American, we don't see 9:30 AM as "early morning", she then left a plastic bag on the floor and left with obvious anger.
It was totally an unpleasant experience. I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone. It's sit in a very hidden and narrow alley that car can't go in. You have to walk at least 15 minute to a major street where you can stop a taxi. Find somewhere else.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Yonglie C
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Cute hostel. The room I stayed in had a shared private garden which was lovely. The host was quite nice and helpful. My only complaint is that there was no water available even for purchase. I am from the US and try not to drink the tap water in Europe because it makes me sick so it would be great if there was bottled water. Also FYI they provide bread butter and milk in the morning but that’s it so if you want a large included bfast look elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
koalatarifa, Gerente at KOALA Tarifa ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you very much for your visit and your words. We hope to see you again !!!!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this chic place in the heart of old town Tarifa. Well equipped bedroom and bathroom with a fantastic dvd collection in reception. Owners were most welcoming and helpful. Would definitely recommend and visit again

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We hope to see you again too. Thank you and kind regards!!!