All reviews old town complimentary breakfast early ferry tapas comfortable bed private roof terrace great town tuna good nights sleep stayed here for one night buffet style short walk beautiful hotel light sleeper would stay here again spent two nights enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 24 October 2018

My wife and I stayed two nights as part of a road trip in southern Spain, so we could take the ferry over to Tangier. The hotel turned out to be quite nice, with welcoming, helpful staff. Our room overlooked the street and was quiet (I am a light sleeper) with a comfortable bed. I give it 5 stars because it does everything well and has a great breakfast. It is right in the middle of what passes for the action in Tarifa, with a very good restaurant a few doors away, and even a tobacco shop next door where I bought Cuban cigars for my brother-in-law. For me a standout feature was the parking. When we booked the room from back in the States we were told that the street is closed to traffic, but after letting them know the rental car's license plate number we would be able to drop our bags at the hotel and drive the car to the off-site parking lot. It turns out that we could park around the clock in the blue spaces on the street in front of the hotel - a great convenience. The hotel's location meant that we could leave the car parked for the two days and walk to the places we wanted to see and to the ferry. We would stay at the Misiana again if we were to return to Tarifa.

Room tip: I suspect that all the rooms are good.
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Hotel Misiana is located in the heart of the old town of Tarifa, convenient to everything. It is a short walk to the ferry terminal for excursions to Morocco. The rooms are clean and comfortable and provide a good night's sleep. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and although we did not use the restaurant, we followed the desk man's suggestion and ate at its sister restaurant the Favella - a great choice.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Hotel Misiana, could not be better located, right in the central Tarifa. It's our second time at Misiana and I am already longing back. It's a beautiful hotel with lovely staff and a great restaurant. The only problem is to get a room. It's very popular :)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dirección M, Gerente at Hotel Misiana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thanks Erik for your kind words, hope see you very soon

Reviewed 6 July 2018

My wife and I and our two daughters (19 and 22) stayed here for one night before taking the ferry to Morocco. I really wish that we had been able to spend longer in Tarifa because it was a very nice town and the Hotel Misiana was an excellent hotel. We had two rooms looking over the city and street in front of the hotel. Our check in was handled well by a friendly desk employee. The elevator is a little small and required us to split into two groups but it is better than not having a lift at all. We went to the bar / restaurant and had drinks. The service was very good and they had an extensive gin and tonic menu which was great. The bar was completely crowded and vibrant with open doors onto the street. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast and it was very good with a well stocked buffet and eggs and coffee made to order. The walk to the ferry was no more than about 5 minutes and there are a couple of kiosco/bodega type places on the way to grab some snacks and drinks for the ferry and for your time in Morocco. I feel that the rate charged for the room and breakfast was very fair.Overall I highly recommend the hotel.

Room tip: Our rooms overlooked the street but we didn't notice any sound disturbance and the view was nice.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dirección M, Dirección at Hotel Misiana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you very much for your kindness and your words.
It makes us very happy that our guests leave with a good impression of their stay.
And we promise to continue working to try to keep getting it.
It would be a pleasure to see you again.
Our best wishes. Misiana Staff

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This hotel is in a beautiful square that leaves you right in the heart of the old town, easy to explore. The interior is chic and fun with a nautical vibe. Staff were SUPER helpful - showing us where to park for free, highlighting all the places we should visit and patiently sorting out a payment issue we had when we left. The bar below is also excellent and perfect for people-watching over a glass of vino tinto. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Misiana H, Gerente at Hotel Misiana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Guest, thanks for your comment. It will be a pleasure to see you soon in Misiana.