“Excellent tour ”

FRS Excursion to Tanger
Ranked #67 of 94 Tours in Tarifa
More attraction details
Owner description: Escápate con la excursión Tánger 1 día VIP Hammam y descubre todo el bienestar que Marruecos tienen reservado para ti.Travesía Fast Ferry Tarifa - Tanger - TarifaEncuentro con el guía personal en el puerto de TangerVisita panorámica en vehículo privadoSesión de Hammam (Baño turco con masaje)Té en el café "El Hafa"Almuerzo* en restaurante típico marroquí Traslado al puerto de Tanger
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with FRS. Typically I don’t like being led around in a tour group where all you see are he tourist traps but his tour is a must. He first half of the trip is a bus ride through the nice parts of Tangier and along the beautiful Moroccan coast. Lunch at 2:00 and then off to the market. This part at the market was the the worst part but it is part of life there and the way the market there. One man in our group, after being harassed by a street vendor for 1/2 mike paid him a euro to leave him alone. The vendors are relentless so be prepared. As far as shopping goes, the group is led to pre- selected shops quite possibly owned by FRS. We left promptly on time. Great trip over all and a nice way to see Tangier.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear jfitz15,

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback about the activities.

All reviews
"less than an hour"
"ride camels"
"entry and exit"

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The ferry from Tarifa, Spain to Tanger, Morocco was a great excursion. The round trip, as I recall, was a bit pricey; if I remember correctly it was about 60 euro. But it's great to be on the water and the ferry was quite comfortable and nice. Would definitely do it again.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Shep S.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had today the cultural tour and can recommend it for everybody who hasn‘t been to the northern part of Africa yet. To get first impressions of the country and the people this is a great and cheap opportunity, even just with an European I.D. (German) and no passport. To the 66€ we paid (for ferry and tour), I paid for the camel ride (2€), drinks with the lunch (2,50€ for a beer) and souvenirs at the market(places)...for a 7 hrs trip this is not not too bad. But there are much more opportunities to spend money...so coming to the negative part: Not perfectly planned handover of the group from the guide on the ship to the local guide in Tanger, lunch in a cheap looking restaurant and a visit in an overpriced spice market. Not FRS related topics to consider: long passport control queues, annoying local salesman in Tanger. On the plus side: Great local guide in Tanger and always available FRS guide during the immigration process.
Overall a very impressive but also exhausting day :)

2  Thank hickory08
FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear hickory08,

Thank you so much for your comment. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip and the guide. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews of this tour and had decided to pass. I thought it would be cool to cross the Straits and visit Morocco, but there seemed like too many ways to be disappointed to waste the time. Problems with the boats, problems with customs, problems with guides, problems with hawkers. I had a last minute change of heart and I’m glad I did. I did the 9am departure from Tarifa thinking I could salvage something of the afternoon if it was a disaster. The boat left about 15 min later than advertised in both directions. There was wind and some chop on the water but the ride was pretty smooth and the boat was comfortable. The staff were all pleasant. Our FRS guide, Patricia, was very nice and helpful. Our Moroccan guide, Rasheed, was a pleasure. Good sense of humor and full of information which he shared in solid English. We had perfect weather in Tangier. It was a Friday. Perhaps it was because we arrived early, around 8:45am as Tangier is 2 hrs behind Tarifa on this day, and perhaps being during the early days of Ramadan helped, but Tangier was quiet, traffic was moderate and we had none of the aggressive hawkers surrounding us. We drove around for about an hour and saw some spectacular vistas along with parts of the new city. Yes, the obligatory camel stop was hokey. I did not ride. I chatted with a vendor who was diligent while being pleasant. Others rode and got photos. The whole stop was 15 min. Not bad. Then we went to the old town Kasba to stroll through narrow alleys with nary a soul to bother us. Small numbers of people were out and about and mostly ignored our group. Bought some delicious figs and dates in the market. Lunch was nice. My small group was first in the restaurant so it was almost serene. The place was clean and pleasant. The live music added to the atmosphere without being too loud or distracting. The food was better than average. Not excellent but better than many meals I have had on the road. After lunch we made the other obligatory visits to the rug/gift shop and the apothecary. About 30 min in the rug store and 20 min in the apothecary. The performers are there to sell, but I think they did so with a great deal of grace. They were courteous the entire time. Entertaining. Informative. Persistent but not overbearing. When we began to head back to the boat for the return trip to Tarifa, we had some hawkers selling wallets and scarves and fridge magnets approach us, but they were all polite and gave up after 3 or 7 attempts. The boat ride back to Spain had a little more roll due to bigger swells, but was quite pleasant. It would be nice if they had a sun deck on the roof of the boat from which to look at ships and birds, but it is an indoor ride all the way. I’m glad I decided to go and my wife feels the same way. The stars and planets aligned for us on this one.

1  Thank gyoder23
FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear gyoder23,

Thank you so much for describe all activities and for your detailed comment. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip, the lunch, the guide tour and the activities. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback.