“Slow and non existent communication”

FRS Excursion to Tanger
Ranked #66 of 94 Tours in Tarifa
More attraction details
Owner description: Escápate con la excursión Tánger 1 día VIP Hammam y descubre todo el bienestar que Marruecos tienen reservado para ti.Travesía Fast Ferry Tarifa - Tanger - TarifaEncuentro con el guía personal en el puerto de TangerVisita panorámica en vehículo privadoSesión de Hammam (Baño turco con masaje)Té en el café "El Hafa"Almuerzo* en restaurante típico marroquí Traslado al puerto de Tanger
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Ferry was 30 minutes late arriving in Tangier. On the way back I queued to get through customs only to be told after 15 minutes of waiting that there had been a technical problem and the ferry would not be running! The person that told me was from a different ferry company. Why couldn't someone from the FRS company have been at the customs area to let passengers know? They also had my contact number so could easily have sent a message. Terrible customer service.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear AndrewKen,

From FRS we regret the delay and the damage that we have caused you. We work every day to improve our services so we appreciate your comment.

A greeting and we apologize for the inconvenience.

All reviews
"less than an hour"
"ride camels"
"entry and exit"

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We took the Cultural Tour. It is a long day but worth it. FRS has someone watching over you all the way. There is a lot of walking, much of it uphill. Glad I had my knee brace and trekking pole.

Going through the markets and the old city was the best part. The guide did a good job. I was surprised that many of our fellow participants didn’t bother to tip him. He deserved it. We felt safe during the entire time. I left my Nikon at the hotel and used only my iPhone for photos. Was able to get candid shots on the fly with it. Bring a battery pack to recharge your phone. I did that at lunch.

The tour when considering the ferry is a reasonable price. We upgraded our ferry seats to premium class on the return. Worth the 8E per person to avoid the chaos in the main cabin when we were tired. We got to the ferry early on the way to Tangier so we cleared passport control and got good seats without upgrading.

Clearing passport control and security on the return trip is a cluster. Poorly managed. FRS ought to work with the two governments to make it work more smoothly.

The bus tour through the modern city, the caves of Hercules, camel rides, etc should be much shorter. Also, the air conditioning on the bus was not up to the task. I can’t imagine how bad that would be during the summer.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear MTS--1000,

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip. We work every day to improve our service so we appreciate your feedback, it is very usuful for us.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Terrible city tour with sfr. The tour guide abdul was not interested in his clients. He dropped us at 2 tourist traps, carpet sales and a pharmacy.
We did not see anything interesting in tanger, would never go there again, waste of time and money.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear jobie23,

We are sorry about your opinion and we regret that you didn't enjoy the Tangier Basic 1 day excursion. In FRS we work every day to improve our services so we appreciate your comment.

A greeting and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our day long tour of Tanger and surrounding area. Our guides were friendly, informative and vigilant regarding our safety.

Its a large tour group, hitting all the tourist hot spots. Camel rides, spice shop, etc. Not recommended for those wanting "off the tourist track" or authentic experiences. We only had one day in Morocco, so it was fun.

FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Janice B,

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2018

After reading some of the negative reviews of this tour I was a little hesitant to book the tour, but thought that it was a good way to maximize our exposure to this city and culture within our 1 day time frame. We avoid tours as we like the freedom of exploring ourselves but I am happy to say that this tour and trip was a pleasant experience. We picked up the free shuttle from Algeciras and got on the Ferry with no fuss. A pleasant FRS person was there to gather up those on the tour and to make sure we got through customs and then to our awaiting tour guide (Ali). He did a great job in 4 languages, made jokes, was informative and showed us around the various locations. Lunch was fun and we got to bargain with the sellers in the market. There were camel rides (for only 2 Euros) which were brief, but hey how many times do you get to ride a camel? At the end of the day we were quite happy with everything on the tour.

Something to note. There are a few passport checks in the process of going from Trafia to Tangiers and back. The key one is when you get on the ferry going to Tangiers, go to the line for the passport check right away and fill out your forms while waiting. The line is very long and those at the end of the line had still not been through the passport/document check when the ferry had already arrived in Tangier (i.e. they missed the views during the crossing).

1  Thank happytrails_7
FRS I, Community Manager at FRS Excursion to Tanger, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear happytrails_7,

Thank you so much for your comment, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the trip, the lunch, the guide tour and the activities. In addition, we appreciate your advices about the passport control. We work every day to improve our service and we appreciate your feedback.