Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$265
US$187
SAVE US$78
Free cancellation until 14/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$187
TripadvisorUS$188
Trip.comUS$265
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2020

Situated high up to the right hand side outskirts of Nerja This lovely little hotel is sadly situated quite a way outside town and so I think misses the public. It was very clean, lovely room and a great bar/restaurant and swimming pool. We only stayed the one night as a pit stop but I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank V7351PLsonjah
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

We only booked one night but decided to stay an extra night as they we very welcoming and the rooms very spacious and clean. It’s a good 30 / 40 minute walk to Nerja which we managed a few times. It’s along a main toad do not the most scenic.
We ate breakfast in the hotel which was very cheap but a reasonable buffet and also because there are no other eateries near by except the cave restaurant.
A bonus for us was that it offered free parking in the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020
AlandalusNerja, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Al-Andalus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear 833harshab,

Thank you so much for choosing us and sharing your positive experience with us. We are so glad to know that you decided to stay an extra night because you liked the room and welcome.

We are very happy to know that you liked our buffet breakfast, it will be a pleasure to assist you again!

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 12 November 2019

My local club held a celebratory dinner here this autumn and the hotel coped with 60+ attendees admirably.
The pre-dinner drinks and canapes were very good and the meal was good. We all had the same, starting with a smoked salmon salad (could have been more salmon) and followed with a chicken breast and assorted vegetables (of which there was a surplus!).
There was pavlova for dessert.
After dinner the brandies and other digestifs were substantial!

Date of stay: October 2019

Dear mgsnorwich,

Thank you for choosing us to held a celebratory dinner with your local club. It is a pleasure to know that the meal was good and liked drinks, canapes, desserts and digestifs.

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards.

Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

We booked hotel Al-andalus via a well known booking site.

We arrived at the hotel around 9 p.m. following a long drive. Once we had booked in, we were taken for a short walk along a side street, adjacent to the hotel. When we arrived, it was clearly a small, basic apartment, rather than a hotel room, which we had booked. However, given it was quite late at night and we were tired, we decided to stay.

My husband was in the shower when he asked me to look at what appeared to be black mould around the tiling. As he had already started to shower, I advised that he finish. I then inspected the shower and discovered black mould throughout the grouting of the tiles, along with cracked tiles. I rubbed the mould with my finger and it was easily removed. The drain of the shower was also covered in black mould. It was evident that the shower had not been clean for some considerable time. I then inspected the fridge and also discovered black, wet mould along the seal of the fridge.

I informed a staff member and he came to look at the shower and fridge. He admitted that it was obvious these areas had not been cleaned. I requested another room. A few minutes later, he returned with a cleaner, carrying a bottle of bleach. I informed him that this was not good enough and we were not staying in the room. He said no other rooms were available. I then went to the reception to ask for a refund and that we were not staying at the hotel. The female staff member (quite likely the manager) blankly refused, stating that the shower had been used and the 'room' would have to be cleaned again! At this stage, I offered to pay a reasonable price for my husband using the shower. She refused and appeared disinterested! I informed her I would be complaining to the booking company. We left without any refund or apology.

I have to state, that this is the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to visit. With so many hotels and other places to stay, in and around Nerja, I would give Andalus, a very 'wide berth'.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlandalusNerja, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Al-Andalus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Dear GSinAltea,

We are sorry to read your comments about all the issues you mentioned. Our only aim is try to do our best in all areas, and not being able to fulfill your complete satisfaction, for us, is a way of knowing that we must pay more attention to details. That is why, we kindly ask for your apologies.

We are sorry your experience in Al Andalus Hotel didn’t meet your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in near future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel for myself and my husband after looking online. The pictures looked good. On arrival we checked in but where taken away from the hotel to an apartment block around the corner that was also part of the hotel yet separate. We were shown the room and without doing a full inspection we said fine, we were only staying one night after being sightseeing in Malaga. I needed a shower so went straight in. It was beyond basic with just a horrible shower curtain to pull around the square shower tray. I was already showering when I realised it wasn't clean but by then I was wet and had to use one towel to dry myself and a smaller one to wipe the small flood that had happened due to the curtain not really being sufficient in keeping the water contained within the shower area. My husband came in to inspect and discovered mould on the grouting and shower drain and cracked tiles, dirty. We also discovered mould inside the fridge door. He went to complain and the gentleman who checked us in came to look and apologised and went to see if we could have another room. On his return he brought a lady with him and she brought bleach to clean as there were no other rooms available. We weren't happy and said we wanted to check out. €68 for a shower was the cost of me not doing a full inspection on a so called 3 star hotel. I was not aware I had to. The manager, who did not speak English told the gentleman she would not refund as i took a shower and used 2 towels. We offered to pay for the shower but she refused. This was exceptionally short sighted of her as we would have paid her a small amount and left, end of story. Now we are pursuing this through a well known online booking company. I have never had such treatment and if you book this hotel then do a full inspection and don't make the same mistake I made as it cost me. However, in my opinion you can do a lot better than this so look for another place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlandalusNerja, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Al-Andalus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Dear kevinlN7068RI,

First of all, we thank you for your trust in our services, especially for having taken the time to share your opinion after your stay in our Hotel.

Kind Regards.