All reviews happy hour comfort room lovely hotel pool area stocked fridge burriana beach tea and coffee making facilities steep hill major refurbishment lots of english channels plenty of sunbeds would highly recommend this hotel great shower min walk recent refurbishment snack menu evening buffet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel should be higher than a 3 star, I have stayed in worse 4 stars. It was ideally situated with a short walk into town and down a big hill to the beach. We stayed for a week, the room was lovely with an amazing balcony and very clean. The breakfast was fabulous with plenty of variety although a new toaster wouldn't go amiss.

What made this hotel superior apart from the lovely Spanish interior, the nice café and sunbathing area, pool, jacuzzies etc was the staff. You cannot fault them for their efficiency and friendliness. Can't thank them enough for making our holiday great.

Room Tip: best views over the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is very well priced, clean and well appointed. It is in a good location, near to the beach and main town centre.
First impressions were good when we arrived, although we had to wait a while to get checked in!
We stayed in a standard room, the room had recently been refurbished and was well equipped. It had a wardrobe, balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, a free safe and nice bathroom with a walk-in shower and hairdryer. The only issue was the room was quite small and compact, you could barely swing a cat!
The hotel has a lovely pool area which was never too busy! The sun beds came with extra cushions, which made them extra comfortable. There is a jacuzzi in the pool area, but for some reason was not hot, it was luke warm, if it had been hot it would have been amazing!! There did seem to be a lot of flies around the pool area, which drove me mad!! The pool bar served good food and the happy hour between 4.30-5.30pm was great!!
Breakfast was from 8.30-11am, there was a large selection of hot and cold items, there was also a gluten free section! My husband loved the donuts!
Overall this was a nice hotel I would definitely recommend!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susie G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed here for a week with my partner. We stayed on a b&b basis in one of the comfort rooms.

We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It was clean and had a nice modern Spanish feel to it.

My partner thought that the breakfast was the best he had ever seen in a hotel. There are so many options including soya milk and gluten free bread and cereal. The lady who made the poached eggs was also a star!

Happy hour is from 16:30-17:30 every day where you can get some rather large (free poured) g&ts.

All the staff were polite and friendly and the cleaners worked extremely hard!

Everyone mentions the hill and my advice is - don’t let that put you off at all! You only really have to tackle the hill if you are going to Burriana beach and even then it’s just 5 minutes back up the hill to the hotel.

We only had to go up the hill three times in a week - as we preferred the smaller beaches near the Balcon de Europe (Player de Nerja and Playa la Caletilla).

The hotel is opposite a small shop (handy if you need milk, biscuits, chocolate and wine) and there is also a Spar up road (for cheese, olives and fresh bread).

Location wise you are close to the main bus stop (10 minute walk) and we also walked to the Nerja Caves (45 minute walk) Tuesday market (25 minute walk) and Maro Beach (45 minute walk).

For me the only downside of the hotel was how thin the walls were. I am a very light sleeper and you could hear most things (including kettles boiling, hair dryers and phone chargers being plugged in) ... next time I will take ear plugs!

Thank you for a lovely stay - I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_Heart_Cats82
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here as a party of 4 on a half board basis. Rooms were clean and spacious. The food in this hotel was excellent with plenty of choices. A ten to fifteen minute walk to the beach. Only downside was patchy WiFi. Will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allanpugh
Villa Flamenca H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Villa Flamenca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time in writing your opinion about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and feel great knowing that you found the food excellent! :-) About the wifi, it is a pity you did not report it to Reception as I am sure maintenance could have checked into it. Unfortunately, sometimes it depends on the terminal itself which sor some reason looses the connection. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have just spent a wonderful 2 weeks holiday at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful.The hotel is in a great location close to the beach and the old town of Nerja.
Rooms are very modern and clean and in our case a great balcony with a view of the pool and the very good evening entertainment.The hotel has two very well kept hot tubs.The breakfast was the best we ever had in any hotel we stayed in. Great choice of both hot and clod dishes.We would highly recommend this hotel and plan to return next year

Room Tip: pool view at the back of the hotel for best view of evening entertainmant
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple