Yaramar Hotel
Hotel Ilunion Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$73
US$110
US$93
  • Pool
Stella Maris Apartamentos(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$130
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Mainare Playa Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$141
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
1,555 results
All reviewsthomson goldentertainment teamgold hotelgold entertainmentpatio barthomson teampool areahappy hourplenty of choicesea viewacross the roadevening entertainmenthalf pricesuperior roomdaytime activitiesgreat holidayair con
Reviewed 18 April 2012

stayed here two nights in april with family. It was not busy at all and we were given a room on the 14th floor. Very clean, staff friendly and we had an evening meal buffet there which cost us 30 euro per person. I found that rather expensive. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank africaSurrey
hotelangela, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thanks a lot for your feedback and for recommending Hotel Yaramar. We would be delighted to see you back at the Yaramar, maybe for a longer stay.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just came back from the yaramar excellent service through out carmen and gloria in cafe bar cant do enough to help you antonia and young girl in night club bar very helpful too.all staff very friendly restaurant reception porters cleaners cant find any faults we celebrated our wedding anniversary there.Were very suprised when we were eating our dinner they gave us a bottle of champagne will be going back september.we stayed 18th march to 25th 5 days of sunshine 2 days overcast

Room Tip: we always ask for low floor but all rooms are sea view as it is 15 floors high
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sylviabutcher
hotelangela, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your compliments and for the top marks. We are delighted to know you chose Hotel Yaramar to celebrate your wedding anniversary. We really appreciate your trust and hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at the Yaramar from the 17th to the 24th of March for a much needed get away. The hotel was not over full at this time of year which was lovely. The hotel is classed as 4 star although compared to others I have stayed at in this rating I think the Yaramar is only just a four star but going in the right direction. The food was lovely although pineapple juice and orange juice tasted more like squash and I have brought this to their attention. I had one small issue regarding my mattress which tilted to one side; when this was brought to their attention new mattresses were provided straight away and that is what I call good service. The staff were polite and presentable even tolerating my attempts at speaking Spanish. The room was spotless. Although there were extra facility rooms available I found the signs posting of these a bit sparse but if you want the room i.e. the card room; you could just ask.
I’m not sure I like the idea of charging £15.00 to use the fridge in your room to stop your chocolate melting when the fridge is running anyway is very fair and at 4 star I believe that should be included as standard.
Over all I would stay there again it was a great base to start and end my excursions while investigating all that the area has to offer.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want they will tell you what they can offer. Dont suck it up speak to them
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank kdcessex

Thank you for your review about your stay at Hotel Yaramar. By what you say it seems you enjoyed your well deserved holiday and even got to explore the area. Costa del Sol has lots to offer, so a bit of sightseeing is totally worth it. We hope to see you back at the Yaramar soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at the Yaramar 5th-12th February, our second time at this hotel. The hotel was only around half full but apparently it gets busier towards the end of February. Weather was good for the time of year averaging around 17C with the coolest day being 13C when we visited Gibraltar. It was dry all week which meant we could get out and about.
This time we stayed in a superior room, they are the glass fronted rooms on the side of the building. The room was plenty big enough and had a small tv, fridge, tea and coffee facilities and a safe. We also had a bottle of wine, water and a bowl of fruit as well as bathrobes and slippers provided.
The breakfast and dinner were good with plenty of choice and all of the staff throughout the hotel were cheerful and happy to help. Nighttime entertainment was good with a variety of professional acts and Thomson production cast shows featuring Jill, Dolly, Joe and Henry. The entertainment was held upstairs during our visit. There are also happy hours at lunchtime and during the evening which they extended to all evening while we were there, great value I thought. We joined in some of the daytime games which are mostly held in the room near to the swimming pool except the French boules which is held on the beach by the Riviera beach club. The games are good fun just a shame Thomsons cost cutting means they didn’t have hardly any “prizes”.
The resort is good for walking, nice and flat in both directions. Good bus and train services to other parts of the Costa del Sol. There is a large market/car boot sale nearby on Tuesday and Saturday mornings which is worth a visit. We also visited Gibraltar for a day on a shopping only trip (not the tour). Thomsons had a special offer on for 18 Euro which was as cheap as the local excursion places and the coach picked us up outside the hotel and we went straight to Gibraltar which takes about an hour or so.
Heard of an old chap getting pick pocketed in the resort but I also know two people who had their wallets/handbags stolen in my local Sainsbury’s so don’t let this put you off visiting just take the same care as you would at home.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Yaramar and will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacksonracingteam

Thank you for your well detailed review and your kind comments. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your return visit as much as your first. There is no biggest satisfaction to us than seeing our guests happy. We hope to see you for the 3rd time soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just back from a week here and I can see why people are so fond of this hotel- it certainly does grow on you. Some positives and negatives though.
The positives are the location - about half way along the flat promenade of Fuengirola, so handy for walking in either direction. The views from the hotel are tremendous - whether you have a side view room (over the pool and the marina and the sea), or a front view room (straight out across the sea). What I would say is that at this time of year the side view rooms are much sunnier than front view. The staff are excellent - very eager to please and willing. The hotel is also spotless in every area and the housekeepers keep you well stocked up with toiletries and tea/coffee making ingredients. The communal areas seem to have all been kept up to date with good decoration and fixtures, fittings and seating and there are nice places to sit and read or enjoy a drink. If this was my complete review then I would have awarded 4 stars.
However, the bedrooms themselves are tired and in need of refurbishment now. After a day or so, because they are so clean and well stocked you do forgive a certain amount - but nevertheless they do let the hotel down. The other major negative is the dreadful arrangement of the Disco/Showlounge in the basement.. The viewing in this cave-like area is the worst we have ever come across. We went to 'see' a singer/comedian one night. He was apparently performing in a corner of the lounge but there are so many pillars that unless you have a seat directly in front, you can't see him. They have rigged up a big screen on one wall so that some people can watch him on that .... but again, we couldn't see that either! A lot of the seats here are pews with the occasional table placed here and there and it reminded me of a Doctors waiting room with people in rows waiting for the Dr. to arrive. They do have a second entertainment area on the ground floor where the bar is, and every night they had either Thomson entertainers singing or a guitarist/singer performing here - much more civilised and you could actually see who was on.
The noise of the entertainment in the ground floor atrium area didn't bother us at all - as stated elsewhere it finished by 11pm every night. The Thomson reps were professional and did a good job. They offer a good variety of activities and there was no pressure to join in if you didn't want to. We did check out both the Florida and Angela hotels and despite the negatives mentioned above, we were more than happy with the Yaramar and would not have swapped. We can live without a disco/showlounge and once those rooms are shown a bit of TLC I would definitely award 4 stars. One final point - after reading reviews, I booked with Thomson online and thought I had booked a superior room. I paid around £14. On arrival we had a normal room with a double bed which was all I had paid for. Apparently I paid £14 for a double bed - otherwise we would have been given a twin. The Rep told us the superior rooms are booked well in advance and don't usually show up on line. Make sure you know what you are paying extra for.

Room Tip: You have 15 floors to choose from! Consider time of year for your visit - if early in the year, go for pool view rooms which are sunnier. The views are superb from either side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple