1,667 results
All reviewsthomson goldentertainment teamgold entertainmentpatio barthomson teamgold hotelpool areahappy hourplenty of choicesea viewacross the roadsuperior roomevening entertainmentdaytime activitiesgreat holidaysister hotelgreat entertainment
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great hotel in a great location near to the sea, bus station and railway station. lots of bars etc locally and about 20mins walk to town centre

Room Tip: Superior rooms are the best
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adyval
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I read several reviews about this hotel before booking and couln't understand why they where conflicting but decided to book on the general positives. I now understand why. I am 62 and my partner 59. I would estimate the average age of client at the hotel was 70 + and it catered very well for disabled people. The reception staff where exceptionally polite and helpfull and the luggage just arrived from the coach to the room with no hastle. The food was OK and suited the age of the clientel. It was certainly nowhere near the standard of other Thomson hotels we have stayed in. Our room had very tired furniture and the standard of mantainence was not what you would expect which left some areas quite tatty. We eat out 4 times during the week we stayed there as I didn't feel there was much variety.
The entertainment was not on par with other Thomson Gold establishments and catered again for the older age group. The Disco function room downstairs was like an obstacle course and it the stage was difficult to see because of pillars. There where lines every evening for dinner to get in the dining room and I felt better organisation could have solved this as there was plenty of room inside. Free room safe is excellent. Generally I find it difficult to give a score above 3 but we did have a relaxing holidat in a very pleasant area. Lots of people we spoke to go back every year but again I must connect this with the older age group some into their 80's. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone under 65 - without being rude you feel like saying would you make up your mind there are other people in the hotel. In summary Thomson the gold is tarnished for me and it was more like a bronze experience. Someone had previously been smoking in our room so the room should have been vented before we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask your travel agent do they have any experience of the age group staying there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CJM1952
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We go to Gold hotels 4/5 times a year and went here on spec. in February 2011.
Although the weather was not kind for 2 of our seven days, the same cannot be said of the staff in the Yaramar.
From the moment we arrived I could honestly say that everyone in this hotel goes out of their way to welcome you.
Excellent Thomson hotel. We will be returning in 2011 that is for sure

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

just returned from a week holiday at this gold hotel. from the moment the luggage was taken off the coach by staff to the time it was put on again this hotel was first class. all staff were smiling and helpful. food was excellent and rooms were kept clean. the entertainment team were of a high standard and nightly singers in lounge were very good. two drinks for price of one in all the bars from eight to ten was a welcome bonus. will return soon.

Room Tip: all rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vicpayne
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Had a lovely relaxing holiday. Staff very friendly, food excellent, room with a breath-taking view. Entertainment team put on some very professional shows and we really enjoyed them, Dolly and her team work very hard. Would definately return to this hotel - maybe for 2 weeks next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple